2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad has loads of potential but let's be honest: he's been well under par so far this season. He's a key player for Everton, and he has contributed many assists so far, but he's a forward and forwards are mainly judged on goals. Calvert-Lewin has left him in the shade so far. All the talk of him leaving for top clubs is fine, but right now I wouldn't fear his departure. On current form, he's hardly irreplaceable. That said, he frustrates me because there's a proper player there. He just hasn't done it so far this season. December will tell us a lot about Richarlison.
He didn’t score many early on last season if I remember. Then Duncan took charge went To 442 and things changed for him and Carlo kept the same system.

Now I think James is a brilliant footballer and we are lucky to have him, but he has basically forced Carlo to drop 442. And I think that suits Richarlison, he’s either asked to do to much when he’s on the left or naturally does it of his own back.

Carlo could play this 3 at the back system and put Richarlison up top with James behind him and DCL, but it doesn’t seem to be like that.

Or maybe go to a diamond, with James at the tip and Allan right, Gbamin sitting. Doucoure/January signing left. Unfortunately you need quality full backs for that to work, so maybe that will have to wait till February. Either way getting Richarlison closer to the top end of the pitch will see a big improvement imo

Cahill nailed it at half time, we don’t do anything with conviction. We don’t shoot hard enough, we underhit passes, we don’t fully commit to tackles or 50:50 balls, Pickford doesn’t fully commit to either staying on his line or coming completely out, our defenders don’t fully commit to blocks and just dangle lazy legs at the ball which leads to deflections. We just don’t play with conviction. If a player gets it in space they don’t start driving forwards, more often than not they wait and wait and then play it backwards. We nearly conceded at the end of the first half because two centrebacks left the ball for each other rather than one of them just taking ownership and smashing it clear. Just no confidence or conviction in anything we did today and we’ve had this problem for ages. We struggle with throw ins and goal kick routines also. We just cannot execute elements of the game with conviction which is why we’re a mid table team.

I thought Pickford was actually better today, and strangely liekd the bit at the end, he made the save and went and cleaned out the 2nd ball. It sort of reminded me of the goalkeeper who first arrived here, who just went for things 100%. If he's going to go down, he might as well go down fighting and go for it.

Anyway on Richarlinson, not quite at his best today. Hasn't been all season. With him I'm sure it will come. Was great last week against Fulham, probably just needs a goal.

Cahill nailed it at half time, we don’t do anything with conviction. We don’t shoot hard enough, we underhit passes, we don’t fully commit to tackles or 50:50 balls, Pickford doesn’t fully commit to either staying on his line or coming completely out, our defenders don’t fully commit to blocks and just dangle lazy legs at the ball which leads to deflections. We just don’t play with conviction. If a player gets it in space they don’t start driving forwards, more often than not they wait and wait and then play it backwards. We nearly conceded at the end of the first half because two centrebacks left the ball for each other rather than one of them just taking ownership and smashing it clear. Just no confidence or conviction in anything we did today and we’ve had this problem for ages. We struggle with throw ins and goal kick routines also. We just cannot execute elements of the game with conviction which is why we’re a mid table team.

Its bizarre...makes no sense to me.

love Richy and his work rate, but ultimately he's a striker and really has to start scoring. Him floundering chances wasn't a big deal before as DCL always stepped up, but can't expect the guy to pack a brace each time he runs out on the pitch.

And again, this is a hardly a knock on Richarlison. Everton without him don't even get in the position to have those chances... Just... Finish some. Please? Ok? Thanks.

I’ve seen some truly great players here over the years, one thing they all had in common, even Bally on occasion, was that they all had bad games now and again. It’s fair to say Richy’s finishing has not been up to scratch, but, seriously, how many goals do you think DCL would have had without Richy pulling defenses all over the place with his runs,

He has pretty much carried this team since he joined, and, I would say, enjoy him while he is here because I don’t think he will be here next season. He is just too good a player to waste his career at a mid table club, whatever their history.

Status
Not open for further replies.