2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish the clubs had a lot more power about whether to release a player for international duty. Richarlison cost us massively with his stupid red card against Liverpool, missed three important games where we lost huge numbers of points, then swanned off to play for Brazil where he again risks injury and illness over 10 days and 3 games. He should have been training at Finch Farm instead, getting to full fitness and ready to start scoring goals which he hasn't been doing so far this season.

I really wish the clubs had a lot more power about whether to release a player for international duty. Richarlison cost us massively with his stupid red card against Liverpool, missed three important games where we lost huge numbers of points, then swanned off to play for Brazil where he again risks injury and illness over 10 days and 3 games. He should have been training at Finch Farm instead, getting to full fitness and ready to start scoring goals which he hasn't been doing so far this season.

he’s scored four goals in 7 appearances for us this season, plus 2/3 assists and has been involved in a lot more goals (he was involved in every goal v WBA bar one)

he’s absolutely crucial to us in how he plays and that has been proved in the last few games

while the internationals are frustrating, the positive thing for us is that it will get him some match sharpness after a month off, which will help

his red card was daft but what has cost us is a poor decision to not get another forward in - all the red did was expose that decision for the blatant error it clearly was

if you think Richarlison’s game is all about goals, then you clearly haven’t been watching us very closely

You start telling players that we'll withold them from qualifying matches, they'll start requesting transfers.

If we’re losing points because we’re such a one man team that we literally cannot play football without Richarlison even after the money we’ve spent then we may as well give up tbh.

We have more than enough to beat Southampton and Newcastle without Richarlison we just got it massively wrong in both games.

he’s scored four goals in 7 appearances for us this season, plus 2/3 assists and has been involved in a lot more goals (he was involved in every goal v WBA bar one)

he’s absolutely crucial to us in how he plays and that has been proved in the last few games

while the internationals are frustrating, the positive thing for us is that it will get him some match sharpness after a month off, which will help

his red card was daft but what has cost us is a poor decision to not get another forward in - all the red did was expose that decision for the blatant error it clearly was

if you think Richarlison’s game is all about goals, then you clearly haven’t been watching us very closely
No, nobody said Richarlison's game is all about goals. But he needs to score goals. More importantly than that, though, is that he's on the field as he's the only player who actually hustles for us.

I'm not sure how three games within 10 days will lead to him returning sharp and fresh for us. If anything he'll be knackered, expected to return to the training ground likely 48 hours ahead of a trip to London on the Sunday to play Fulham where the pressure is on him to lead us to three points.

Seeing as so much has been made of our record without him, that's probably quite the burden on him to make an instant impact after almost a month off.

For me, he's our most important player by a mile. Unfortunately I think he'll be off at the end of the season going off the comments he made about his "one more season" agreement with Carlo.

I'll definitely agree it was a woeful decision to not have a replacement / other option in the squad in the striking department. Typical of us to be heavy in some areas but threadbare in others.

No, nobody said Richarlison's game is all about goals. But he needs to score goals. More importantly than that, though, is that he's on the field as he's the only player who actually hustles for us.

I'm not sure how three games within 10 days will lead to him returning sharp and fresh for us. If anything he'll be knackered, expected to return to the training ground likely 48 hours ahead of a trip to London on the Sunday to play Fulham where the pressure is on him to lead us to three points.

Seeing as so much has been made of our record without him, that's probably quite the burden on him to make an instant impact after almost a month off.

For me, he's our most important player by a mile. Unfortunately I think he'll be off at the end of the season going off the comments he made about his "one more season" agreement with Carlo.

I'll definitely agree it was a woeful decision to not have a replacement / other option in the squad in the striking department. Typical of us to be heavy in some areas but threadbare in others.
Well, for one, Brazil are only playing twice. He played 75 mins last night and looked good, playing up front mainly.

the next game is on Tuesday afternoon in South America, and that gives a 5-day break to our next match against Fulham on Sunday

having not played in a month by the time of the Fulham game, it will be good for him to have had two run outs, obviously hopefully not suffering any injuries in those matches

he’ll be back in Liverpool by Wednesday, at Finch Farm on Thursday. They’ll be travelling down to London on Saturday evening.

agree on the rest of your post

Well playing games will get him up to speed more than pissing about in 5 a side kickabouts at finch farm

Personally I wish people would stop whinging constantly about our players playing international football.

Players have every right to play for their country and shouldn’t feel any pressure not to. And clubs should absolutely not have any say on whether or not particular players play for their national team.

There is an argument that international friendlies should not be happening, but that’s with the organisations and governing bodies, not the individual players.

If our squad is that weak that we can’t deal with players being injured that’s on the club, nobody else. You sign players like Richarlison knowing they’re ambitious and want to play international as well as club football. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.