2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's all well and good.

But he could easily, easily get a knock and be out for three games.

Or, possibly just as likely, he could test positive for coronavirus and miss - at the least - three games.

His red card was daft, but all it's done has proved the deficiencies in the squad which weren't at all addressed in the last window.
He has no control over getting a knock and only some control against covid infection, but he's in complete control over not committing red card fouls.

He has no control over getting a knock and only some control against covid infection, but he's in complete control over not committing red card fouls.

That's not the argument. Nobody is saying he's not an idiot for getting sent off.

But it doesn't change the fact that either of the other two things could easily happen and leave us in exactly the same place as we have been because of that suspension.

That's not on Richarlison.

That's not the argument. Nobody is saying he's not an idiot for getting sent off.

But it doesn't change the fact that either of the other two things could easily happen and leave us in exactly the same place as we have been because of that suspension.

That's not on Richarlison.
I think we we're talking about two different things.

I was referring to the impact of this particular needless red card - three straight losses.

You seemed to be talking about a lack of cover for Richo if he's out for any reason at any time and I agree.

I think we we're talking about two different things.

I was referring to the impact of this particular needless red card - three straight losses.

You seemed to be talking about a lack of cover for Richo if he's out for any reason at any time and I agree.

My point is I've seen some people (not sure if you are) pinning it on Richarlison.

Absolutely agree with you that it was a needless red card. The issue is that shouldn't at all equate to three straight losses, but it has done.

Obviously, it's not the only factor, but it's a huge worry, and boils down to the squad not being up to scratch (which we all knew, so the club shouldn't be let off the hook for taking a risk, and compounding that risk by letting Kean and Walcott go who, while I had no issues with them leaving really, would have allowed us to change our shape and not be so reliant on that 'Richarlison role' for the system to work).

For example, even with Tosun somehow hobbling his way back onto the bench, we had no realistic option to just think 'let's go two up top' for the Newcastle game, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.