2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I don’t trust penalty takers with complicated run ups. Professionals have been striking footballs since they were kids, never understand why they try and be clever taking a penalty.

Richarlison runs in at unnatural angles, i’m not surprised he has a tendency to miss the target. Just pick a corner and strike it sweetly, penalties are a great way of adding to your goals record.

You haven't forgiven him for missing one penalty last season but you've got Sigurdsson ahead of him who missed about nine? Strange logic to say the least.
I haven’t forgiven him for the way he takes his penalties

....I don’t trust penalty takers with complicated run ups. Professionals have been striking footballs since they were kids, never understand why they try and be clever taking a penalty.

Richarlison runs in at unnatural angles, i’m not surprised he has a tendency to miss the target. Just pick a corner and strike it sweetly, penalties are a great way of adding to your goals record.
Lukaku another example terrible run up and crap pens

I think it was Lineker who said he found that if he aimed just outside the right hand post he found the Adrenalin would alter his aim and his attempt just went inside the post. Then it was just a question of height of the shot. That’s what I want our penalty takers to say/do.

Very happy for him that he scored but that was trash technique, he'll miss far more pennos than he scores if that's how he takes them. Quite similar to Lukaku who did slot them at first but never really looked convincing doing it and his luck eventually ran out.

If he can nail down his technique taking them then I'd be more than happy to get Gylfi off them and give them to Richarlison, and he may approach 20 goals next season if allowed to take them which would be a great achievement for him.

He can takes pens however he wants really doesn't bother me. He's class he made a nuisance when he come on. He works hard we are lucky to have him and he is happy credit it to Silva and Brands for making players want to stay at us. Hope we can progress again this season so he wants to stay next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.