2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion for what it's worth is that you can't compere anyone with the golden vision he was a one off
My favourite all time everton player
My dad's favourite too. His analysis was that he thought he'd never live long enough to be able to compare someone to him. It's not his build, he doesn't float by people but more the moves and lines he runs. Either way he is making a good old Evertonian very excited.

It's only 2 games in so comparing him to one of our greats may be a tad presumptuous.

My opinion for what it's worth is that you can't compere anyone with the golden vision he was a one off
My favourite all time everton player

It's probably fair to say that Alex Young was incomparable.

Talk to anyone who saw him play and their eyes tell you everything... they glaze over as the memories flood through their mind and they don't just speak well of him, they eulogise, they speak of him with utter reverence, there is no equivocation or doubt... The Golden Vision was incomparable.

We've had many wonderful players since Alex Young... but with the possible exception of Bally, nobody comes close to making grown men go weak-kneed and gooey-eyed over their skills with a football while wearing Royal Blue.

Talk to anyone who saw him play and their eyes tell you everything... they glaze over as the memories flood through their mind and they don't just speak well of him, they eulogise, they speak of him with utter reverence, there is no equivocation or doubt... The Golden Vision was incomparable.

We've had many wonderful players since Alex Young... but with the possible exception of Bally, nobody comes close to making grown men go weak-kneed and gooey-eyed over their skills with a football while wearing Royal Blue.

If Wolves is anything to go by, Richarlison doesn't go missing in away games, like Alex did. Young was a great player on his day,but he lost his mojo very quickly before he finished. Catterick was right to drop him for Big Joe when he did.

If Wolves is anything to go by, Richarlison doesn't go missing in away games, like Alex did. Young was a great player on his day,but he lost his mojo very quickly before he finished. Catterick was right to drop him for Big Joe when he did.

He’s played two games... Hes made a great start but let’s not go overboard comparing him to the best players in our history just yet

He's a high volume shooter + a kid, both of which mean he's a player more likely to have hot and cold scoring streaks as there's more luck involved. Just a heads up before people slag him off during a 10 match run of not scoring or something.

Thankfully he's such a handful anyway that he'll be a v valuable player even when not scoring

To be fair he was increasingly suffering from very bad blisters at that stage, plus he began to lose some of his hearing. A truly breath-taking talent with an unrivalled ability to "hang" in the air, plus a body-swerve to die for.

Second only to the great Alan Ball in my pantheon of blue heroes.

One thing that cannot be denied is Richarlison has immersed himself fully into the club. Look st the gestures with his shirt to the girl, the shirt for the lad who dislocated his elbow. But most important of all as silva said he is showing but only his talent on the pitch, but how happy he is to be here. I am not one to get carried away far from it, but the improvement from a bunch of disinterested unmotivated group of players last year to this season couldn’t have been more apparent. This is after 2 games with silva. Already schnerderlin looks a totally different player, just imagine what could happen to this team with Mina, Bernard, Gomes and Digne to come in, all players silva wanted to fit the mould how he wants the team to play.

Me ald fella passed away the other day and that’s exactly how he’d go when he was talking about him. Very apt description.

I was in hospital about 15 years ago, this old fella came over to me when he seen I had an Everton towel on my bed and asked me if I knew who the Golden Vision was, he was telling me he use to go and watch Everton when he played just to watch him, wasnt an Everton fan just wanted to see him play and when he left he never came back to Goodison. Cant think of too many players who people have paid to watch the individual rather then the side

To be fair he was increasingly suffering from very bad blisters at that stage, plus he began to lose some of his hearing. A truly breath-taking talent with an unrivalled ability to "hang" in the air, plus a body-swerve to die for.

Second only to the great Alan Ball in my pantheon of blue heroes.

Yes that's true...see my post in another thread about meeting him and Jimmy Gabriel in the urinal at St Philomenas Club in the Old Roan !

Status
Not open for further replies.