Replace Dyche with Moyes

Entice Davey back

• Yay

Votes: 76 50.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
I don't want a young promising manager that plays attractive football, but only proved it on championship level for a year or two. Too much of an experiment in our current situation right now. We still have a bad financial situation, unclear ownership, another possible points deduction, thin squad for the next season that needs quality upgrade especially in the attacking area, just to name a few points.

There are pros and cons on Dyche, as 2024 doesn't go into the right direction so far, but is it really the right way to use money for a sacking?

If I can get one, it would be Eddie Howe in case he gets sacked by Newcastle, would be ludicrous by them. If we stay up, and can get him in 2025 somehow, it would be massive.

Come on guys. Dyche’s hands are tied. What funds as he had?We are hamstrung as a club as far as recruitment goes we all know that.
He does frustrate me and whilst I agree that he isn’t long term but the general rule of thumb is to build a team from the back. I think we have that.
I think 2 quality wingers and one or two more additions would put us qualifying or at least near the European places.
It would be a massive difference to us.
I think he deserves at least a window that he can recruit players that can make a difference.
We are all frustrated at the moment as we should be winning games we are losing.
We need to stay up and have somebody run the club that isn’t as dodgy as hell.

Why would Moyes leave a team he’s got challenging for a European place again to manage constant relegation fodder?

The only thing that might tempt him here is the lure of leading the club out at BMD. Plus the fact that he hasn't got the best relationship with the sporting director at West Ham and a lot of the fans don't want his contract extended as they're unhappy with the football and think he's gone as far as he can there.

He's 61 next month though, so hardly the fiery and ambitious young manager he was in the 2000s. His career peaked with the trophy last season (a tournament in which West Ham's budget was a lot higher than the rest of the teams).

I always think Moyes would be a perfect Director of Football but then wonder if he would still be Dithering Dave in that role.

The only thing that might tempt him here is the lure of leading the club out at BMD. Plus the fact that he hasn't got the best relationship with the sporting director at West Ham and a lot of the fans don't want his contract extended as they're unhappy with the football and think he's gone as far as he can there.

He's 61 next month though, so hardly the fiery and ambitious young manager he was in the 2000s. His career peaked with the trophy last season (a tournament in which West Ham's budget was a lot higher than the rest of the teams).

I’m not in the “bring Moyes back” camp.

But I can imagine that Moyes continues to have greater ties to the North-West than he does to London. I think his family grew up in the area, no?

I don’t think it would be a surprise if Moyes’ still has a bigger, possibly even mortgaged, home in the North West. And it wouldn’t surprise me if he has only been renting in the London area.

Moyes is exactly the type of person that would prefer living in the North West than living in London, especially if he already has a load of family ties and other foundations in the area.

Moyes swapping West Ham for Everton isn’t remotely far-fetched imo. I could see it happening for real!

That West Ham team has been unbelievably poor for large portions of almost every single game this season. Absolute miracle that they have as many points as they do.

Individual quality has bailed them out on countless occasions - something we don’t have any of.

I personally would replace Dyche with Moyes. There's been 2 or 3 times now we could have opted for Moyes and chose a different route. There's a lot of haters out there and that's fine it's the same when Rooney left when Moyes left I wasn't happy particularly with the way he came poaching our players. Forgive me if I'm wrong but Moyes got a good send off didn't he? And as far as I remember I thought things had gone stale so I had made my mind up it was right for him to move on.

That said I'd jump at the chance of bringing him back for the next 2-3 years or so. It was said on Toffee TV that he is out of contract in the summer so if Everton decided to bring him back and dispose of Dyche I'd back it. It probably would be the last time this could happen.

It's a catch 22 we know we can't keep sacking managers we need stability but is Dyche doing enough? 11 without a win. 1 win in 15. 3 home wins by the time we hit April. It's not all on him but at some point we're going to have to take stock change this. Hopefully we can get over the line 10 games left.