REMEMBERING AN EVERTON GREAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
It's been 8 years today since we lost one of our great beloved sons of Goodison Park Alan Ball. I, like many others have their own memories of his appearances in the royal blue jersey that I will always treasure.
Today, our thoughts go out to his family, Mandy, Jimmy and Keely and their families also.
Who is the greatest of them all, little curly Alan Ball

my favourite Everton player of all time, skilful, fearless, tireless, great goal scorer, born winner and above all a proud Everton man.

I saw all of Bally's home games and quite a lot of his away games, but I saw very few of his bad games. So sad that both he and his wife Lesley had to go long before their time but, although Alan is gone, amongst a certain generation of Everton fans he will never be forgotten.

Who,s the greatest of them all?

My best way of describing him was to say I had met and happily spoken to both Harvey and Kendall but I don't think I could have even uttered a word in his presence. A truly special player who made the whole stadium hold its breath when he had the ball because he was capable of a moment or touch or action that would make being there worthwhile. A rare combination of subtle skill and raw desire to win, showman plus full on commitment in every minute.

my favourite Everton player of all time, skilful, fearless, tireless, great goal scorer, born winner and above all a proud Everton man.

I saw all of Bally's home games and quite a lot of his away games, but I saw very few of his bad games. So sad that both he and his wife Lesley had to go long before their time but, although Alan is gone, amongst a certain generation of Everton fans he will never be forgotten.

Who,s the greatest of them all?

....Little Curly Alan Ball. My Everton hero who I met only once as a youngster...but saw play many times. They broke the mould ....a sometimes ill deserved cliché as its applied to people who don't always deserve it...but it literally was with Bally. I was only thinking today...it should be Bally and Brian Labone paying tribute as Everton elder statesman to Philip Carter. And we have neither of them, May They Rest In Peace.
]

......think of your favourite Everton player over the last 30 years then times him by 10 and you have Alan Ball. Truly great and never forgotten by those of us who had the absolute privilege of watching him play.
Totally worshipped Alan Ball... without doubt the Greatest Player i have seen in The Blue of EVERTON F.C.
Same here mate,agree with every word,one of the worst days of my life was when we sold him to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.