Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows. Worst case scenario, we sell the likes of Pickford and Mina and DCL and Richy for best part of £150m, then there's the likes of Gomes/Godfrey/Myko/Patterson/Gray/Gordon/Alli - roughly speaking £15m a piece if we're in the 2nd tier with no negotiating power.

Question becomes: can we reinvest wisely IF (big if) we have to sell 5-10 players to balance the books.
Worst case? I'd love to have a big sell off.

It could be a watershed moment for the club and it could also be the actual end. Not sure there is really a middle ground either with our finances. We either fix it quickly and start to run a sustainable club or we are just done.

Still would like to win a few matches and avoid the whole thing though.
Mosh needs to sell whatever happens.

At this point i wouldn't even be surprised if Burnley won all of their remaining fixtures. They have already pretty done as much in just the last 4 games as the 30 odd before them. The only sure way to guarantee safety now it for us to win every single one of our remaining games which is 2 hopes, Bob Hope and No Hope as we have won 1 game away all season.

Kin grim innit. I mean how the feck did Burnley suddenly become Real Madrid ffs.

Some people will take a step back though. This season has effected me far more than a game where people kick a ball around should. I dont think its healthy to be so engrossed in a hobby that makes me stressed and wake up thinking about relegation lol

You can't give up on Everton or we all would have by now. But things are different if we go down and its not overly dramatic to say it could take years to recover, if we even can recover.

Its the next generation and the future of the club that is at stake. The clubs reputation is shattered if we are in the championship. Our finances will be in a very worrying position. And where are the next generation of supporters coming from. Kids are not going to support Everton in this day and age if they have a team on their doorstep challenging for the champions league.

If it happens life goes on, but football won't be the same. And the way people view the club and their relationship with the club will change. We will all still want to win every Saturday, but this is going to be new to all of us.
This is ultra capitalism now and we’ve failed. Unlimited capitalism creates absolute winners and absolute losers. It’s amazing that the competition watchdog isn’t investigating football for its structure. The new planned system will be far worse.

We are the ultra losers. There is no real way back to anything meaningful for us. We are now a yo-yo club. First division to championship.

Basically we win all six of our remaining games and we stay up.

The sad thing is that if we got rid of Benitez, a hell of a lot sooner than we did, then we probably would be fine now.
Since Lampard took over we have lost ground to every team in the league apart from Watford and Norwich.

This is going down to the wire. I’m still not confident we’ll get out of the mess we’ve put ourselves in to, but if we play like we did today in the next 6 games we’re in with a good shout of catching Leeds.

I’m as negative and fuming as most on here but if we do go down I’ll be there (Tues and Sat) every week until we get back to where we belong. Renewed on the first day with not a thought we’d be in the situation we’re in… But if we drop I suppose we get an extra couple of games for the renewal price ?

It’s not good at all but we have shown a bit more fight under Frank and I’m just praying we get out of this mess. Leeds are our best hope IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.