Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is EXACTLY the reason I was 100% behind a European Super League (NOTE: I said "a" Super League, not "the" Super League). Let the "sky 6" go play in their own, completely seperate league with a dozen clubs from around Europe and thus we/England/EFL/Prem are presented with a FANTASTIC opportunity to restructure the league. Put markers down from day one, set clear rules, make it a fair game.

No "big six" in the league = the likes of Wolves or WHam or Leics or Villa or Newcastle or Us all eyeing high finishes/title challenges - not to mention the ambitious lower level clubs whove just come up like Brentford and Leeds. But sadly, it's fiction.

Money rules. It's sports entertainment. It's tv. I'm not defending it or supporting it, I'm simply acknowledging it for what it is; under no illusions.
Well my weekends will be free from now on. I’m liberated.

I still think the biggest problem for us all season is not having a centre forward worthy of the name available all season apart from the beginning
DCL has played but has been thinking about his injury I reckon. He’s a shadow of the player we have seen before
We have no focal point in the team
Rondon isn’t good enough
The squad building has been shocking as we all know

I dunno if there was ever a "big five" - I remember "big four" and "top six" more recently: either way, it seems the media make up these terms based on their favourites because they control the narrative.

Again, if you're done with EFC or the game in general, that is your business, I have NO probs, I wish you well - sincerely!

I've never known a time before the Prem era so they whole "football before 92" thing is lost on me, but my view today is no different that 10+ years ago: we're talking about millionaires kicking a ball. Win, lose, who gives a fuch - they get paid, don't they?! When they come to my aid in my time of need, then I'll lose sleep about them. Until then, I'll enjoy sky-sponsored entertainment tv because I don't have the girls wrestling channel.

And if away days next year involve Stoke and Hull instead of Chelsea and Arsenal, then I hope the beer and hot dogs are cheaper.
Remembering the big five might depend on your age, but it was Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Everton.

To go back within 2 points of Burnley after they’ve leathered Watford the day before.

Yay.
Are you still being negative? How many times all season have you been told in here we'll be fine. Get it through your head. Everything will be OK.

The squad/team is capable of winning all the games besides Arsenal. That's if those games were scattered throughout the season and we weren't in a dogfight.

As is, we are in a dogfight and the pressure will be too much for them. If we stay up, it will be because Burnley/Leeds blew it themselves.

This is EXACTLY the reason I was 100% behind a European Super League (NOTE: I said "a" Super League, not "the" Super League). Let the "sky 6" go play in their own, completely seperate league with a dozen clubs from around Europe and thus we/England/EFL/Prem are presented with a FANTASTIC opportunity to restructure the league. Put markers down from day one, set clear rules, make it a fair game.

No "big six" in the league = the likes of Wolves or WHam or Leics or Villa or Newcastle or Us all eyeing high finishes/title challenges - not to mention the ambitious lower level clubs whove just come up like Brentford and Leeds. But sadly, it's fiction.

Money rules. It's sports entertainment. It's tv. I'm not defending it or supporting it, I'm simply acknowledging it for what it is; under no illusions.

Hence why all the teeth gnashing towards Moshers and the board is pointless.

The horse has bolted the stables so to speak. Doesn't matter who owns us we'll forever(blue92) be playing in a corrupt competition with no hope of any future success or period of dominance.

The best thing for everyone is to treat Everton as a hobby rather than your life as its pointless in modern day football.

In 20 years time most stadiums outside the top 6 will be half empty, with tourists or those with void in their hearts still believing in fairytales and of "doing a Leicester".

Well my weekends will be free from now on. I’m liberated.
Well then I think it's a good thing! Not sure how to advise you on what to do for the weekends though: go the gym? go for a run? few beveraginis down by the albert dock? hit up the honeys on Tinder? I think Breaking Bad might still be on Netflix?

??

The super league was a replacement for the CL. The big 6 would still be competing in the premier league.

Hence why all the teeth gnashing towards Moshers and the board is pointless.

The horse has bolted the stables so to speak. Doesn't matter who owns us we'll forever(blue92) be playing in a corrupt competition with no hope of any future success or period of dominance.

The best thing for everyone is to treat Everton as a hobby rather than your life as its pointless in modern day football.

In 20 years time most stadiums outside the top 6 will be half empty, with tourists or those with void in their hearts still believing in fairytales and of "doing a Leicester".
People are allowed to be worried and upset. You don't need to keep telling people how to feel.

Meant to put Sheffield Wednesday! I’m not with it tonight!

My point is that these clubs that spend years in the Championship get no coverage. Sheffield Wednesday were once a huge club with huge attendances. I remember them beating Man Utd and the RS… and I’m talking the Prem years. Now no one has heard of them.

If we go down we will lose the future football supporters of this city to the RS.
I sadly feel that we will be the next Sheffield Wednesday if we do go down. Wednesday were a big club in the early 90's, they beat Man United in a league Cup final and had bit of a profile.

Then they got relegated in 2000, and they've never been back since. They nearly got liquidated in 2010 as well. Relegation will be devastating for this club, but we've been poorly run at board room level since the early 90's.

The chickens were always going to come home to roost eventually.

If we look at the form table since Lampard arrived we are 12th. That’s not relegation form.

Yet in the same period we have gone from being outside the relegation zone to being in it.

What does that tell you ?
It tells me you can't add up. I looked at results from when Lampard took over to this weekend for Burnley in the table up to and including Brighton. Every one of those teams has earned more points than we have since Lampard started with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.