Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent result for us today. Burnley can't draw their way out of their predicament with the amount of games they have remaining and the points deficit they have to make up. They have to at least win once so every game that doesn't happen brings us one step closer to the finish line.

Odds are, their win will happen at home against Southampton, who aside from their last result against an Arsenal team that can't buy a win at the moment, have been on their end of season annual collapse when they have nothing to play for. After that is Wolves who have been in patchy form themselves. I think our lads need to have the mindset that Burnley will pick up 3-4 points from their next two games.

Leicester is really a game we have to be winning I feel. I can't see anything other than an absolute spanking at the Pit and if Burnley pick up points that would put undue pressure on us to beat Chelsea if we can't pick up maximum points against Leicester.

It's still too close to call, we are obviously favourites to stay up but I hope the players aren't thinking that way.
To not extend our lead in this round of fixtures would be a blow.

Hopefully Burnley take heart in their performance today and give Mike Jackson it until the end of the season, he lasted 10 games at Tranmere before getting sacked then they went on an 8 game winning streak and made the playoffs

I actually think there's a possibility that in the summer our job, Villa, Watford may be up for grabs and wouldn't be surprised if he gets one.

I also for some reason think Moyes will manage us in the new stadium.

I think the ship has sailed with Moyes now and I'd be surprised if Villa get rid of Gerrard. He'll not want to be punted as he needs to prove himself in that job for the rs job

At the business end of the season, as we've seen hundreds of times before, season form means nothing. How many times have teams come back from the dead to stay up? Loads. Burnley have favourable fixtures and are actually playing quite well, beating us with ease and again playing well today. Wouldn't put it past them to win a minimum of 3 of their games. Let's see.

At the business end of the season, as we've seen hundreds of times before, season form means nothing. How many times have teams come back from the dead to stay up? Loads. Burnley have favourable fixtures and are actually playing quite well, beating us with ease and again playing well today. Wouldn't put it past them to win a minimum of 3 of their games. Let's see.

Theyve won 4 games in 31. I'm not convinced they win 3 from 7. Possible but highly unlikely.

We have to get a couple more wins.

They’ve lost 6 out of their last 8 but ok. “Beating us with ease” is another scenario you’ve just completely made up too, we should’ve been 4-1 up by the hour mark in that game if we could hit a barn door. It was 3-2 with their winner coming in the last 5 minutes, no idea how that qualifies as “with ease”

Status
Not open for further replies.