Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else we got?
We're in full Len Deighton mode here.
It's nearly Game, Set and Match, while we're waiting on Faith, Hope and maybe the Charity of others.
I've obviously got too much time on my hands but the persecution complex I've developed is telling me there's no point building hopes up for a happy outcome. Just a few, in no particular order......
Siggy issue
VAR injustices
Benitez
DCL enigma
Usmanov
Boardroom shenanigans
Poor January window
Eternal injury record
Disciplinary record.
Other than that, everything is OK.

I've obviously got too much time on my hands but the persecution complex I've developed is telling me there's no point building hopes up for a happy outcome. Just a few, in no particular order......
Siggy issue
VAR injustices
Benitez
DCL enigma
Usmanov
Boardroom shenanigans
Poor January window
Eternal injury record
Disciplinary record.
Other than that, everything is OK.
You forgot FFP and the state of our accounts.

Jesus Christ are you for real?
I feel totally depressed over this. You must be a young individual as I’m not and don’t think my heart can take any more.
Every game my nerves are on edge. Don’t look forward to watching games any more
I reckon you will learn and end up being the same
Oh for a boring end to the season please.

I am 41 years old. I stopped properly caring about Everton results about 10 years ago. By 'properly caring' I mean getting upset to the point where id be depressed or be in a bad mood if we lost. This Burnley game is the first game in over a decade where I actually am getting the same nervousness and feelings I used to get when I was a 'top bloo' or whatever. It's a nice change to actually be arsed again.. even if its come about due to unfortunate circumstances. Years of having nothing to care about due to mid table nothingness only increased my apathy towards the club. Im not saying id rather be battling relegation every season than plodding along in mid table, just pointing out that one positive is I've remember what its like to actually care a bit.

Last edited:
Mate lampard is clearly taking us down and doing miles worse than Rafael did. How can't you see that
I don't think so because I don't think he'll be here to take us down if he doesn't pick up at least 4-5 points from the next 4 games, Burnley, United, Leicester, Liverpool.

Lose to Burnley and I think Moshiris trigger finger will get itchy. If Lampard follows that with no signs of life against United and Leicester then I could see an Anfield defeat being his last game if not sooner.

Not saying that's what I want but I could see Moshiri thinking with 6 games left someone could pick up the 3 wins needed against Leicester, Brentford, Palace and Watford with Chelsea and Arsenal being free hits.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and we can get a win against Burnley tomorrow and build on that to get something from United and Leicester at home.

We lost our manager, our captain, our director of football and our main striker through injury for most of the season. Our injury record this season has been frankly appalling and we have been on the wrong end of numerous costly VAR aberrations to compound the misery. With rumours of investigations into club finances and the disgraceful transfer windows where we didn’t strengthen the blindingly obvious weaknesses in our team, this season has been the worst I can ever remember (35 years following). Do we have a Barry Horne or a Graeme Stuart to pull us out of this mess?

Last edited:
It may sound ridiculous but its sort of nice actually having something to care about with regards to Everton, can’t remember the last time I genuinely cared that much about what happens once we get to this stage of the season. Usually we are just bumming around in mid table or at best pretending we might scrape into the lowest european spot… but this season we are going to have a bit of excitement finally, makes matches actually feel important which is a feeling I’ve not had in many many years.
Longers has taken over the thread today with this one, nice work

We lost our manager, our captain, our director of football and our main striker through injury for most of the season. Our injury record this season has been frankly appalling and we have been on the wrong end of numerous costly VAR aberrations to compound the misery. With rumours of investigations into club finances and the disgraceful transfer windows where we didn’t strengthen the blindingly obvious weaknesses in our team, this season has been the worst I can ever remember (35 years following). Do we have a Barry Horne or a Graeme Stuart to pull us out of this mess?

I wish.

We are a satire of a modern football club at the moment.

FFS. I only just realised that we play again on Saturday - and an early KO too.

Imagine that 'kin lot being told they have to play 3 games in 6 days at this stage of the season.

FFS. I only just realised that we play again on Saturday - and an early KO too.

Imagine that 'kin lot being told they have to play 3 games in 6 days at this stage of the season.
And Big Yerry waving at them from the treatment room...

I didnt realise how much of a decent run they are on.
Newcastle were on a decent run too....IWOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!

Must win tomorrow IMO. We need to not only hold them at bay, but push them further away from us. A draw isn't good enough.

We need to get something from tomorrow’s game obviously a win would be massive. We need to be looking at the home games as well and taking as many points as we can from now.

Jesus Christ are you for real?
I feel totally depressed over this. You must be a young individual as I’m not and don’t think my heart can take any more.
Every game my nerves are on edge. Don’t look forward to watching games any more
I reckon you will learn and end up being the same
Oh for a boring end to the season please.

Its a living nightmare. Obviously in comparison to crap thats going on in the world but yep. Depressing performances. Results.
Breaks my heart seeing Everton so bad and living with relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.