Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much looking for some words of comfort today for those who think we definitely aren’t going down. What makes you so sure? Having seen the performances of late I am getting extremely concerned. My bed sheets are moist, and not in a good way.

I think what gives me a crumb of comfort is that we have a points advantage over 4 very poor teams. Newcastle might go on a run with the new players coming in but the other 3 don’t look capable of getting 2 results on the spin

I'm not sure you know......

I mean, wouldnt a day out for a championship playoff final at Wembley be great?

No, a day out at Wembley for an FA Cup final would be great.

according to @ForeverBlue92 it would be

Thats because keyboard moaners like you Kev dont understand that a day out at wembley for any occasion is boss for match going fans\their kids.
Bait laid.
Bait taken.
Fish landed.

I think what gives me a crumb of comfort is that we have a points advantage over 4 very poor teams. Newcastle might go on a run with the new players coming in but the other 3 don’t look capable of getting 2 results on the spin
We've won once in 12 matches. WE can't get 2 results at all much less on the spin.

Need to start winning games but I have zero confidence whilst we have this clown as manager. Just looking at the last twelve games, 6 points from 36, if that was repeated that would be 30 games gone and 25 points accrued and eight games left to save our skins. Now the fixtures up to the end of February include a number which in a ‘normal’ season you would expect to gather a reasonable amount of points from but the previous 12 games weren’t dissimilar so it is seriously concerning

two factors contribute majorly around us staying up, or us getting swept into the bottom 3:
A) can we get on top of the homesickness pandemic sweeping the squad?
B) the choice for this year's Blue Chrimbo panto.

Everton is known as 'the family club', whereby football plays secondary fiddle to our brave lionhearts' performance aiding community charities and institutions such as orphanages, work houses and wet nursing homes. Whether such important social contribution is enough to alleviate homesickness is a moot point. I fear however that we might have too many 'mummies boys' in our squad...closet* dress-wearing cry-babies. A team full of big girls' blouses who prefer soy based faux meat product over a real man's steak, suggests to me a high level of oestrogen in the squad, which might enhance breast growth (i.e. man-boobs)...but will do little to alleviate homesickness.

* or not closet...see Eton Dom's recent photo shoot.

For some reason, I thought it was Villa last game of the season, which would obviously mean Stevie 'Stelio Kontos' G sending us down, but I see I was mistaken.

Maybe we'll stay up another year, then.

Newcastle , Norwich and Watford will go down, I am hoping we will slightly pull away and finish lucky 13th. It is very sad that we will never win the league probably ever again unless something happens like what happened to City and Newcastle.
We need luck with the cup draws and go all out or we will end up like Newcastle winning nothing for fifty years..

It's not good I agree, but my dad saw us relegated. Can you see us challenging the"big 6"? If not we could come between 7th and 17th for the next ten years. I just don't see the point of Everton these days, we're a directionless dinosaur of a club.
I'd rather us be a directionless dinosaur of a club in the premiership, than be a directionless dinosaur of a club, down in the lower leagues though. I have a soft spot for one of the Sheffield teams in Sheffield Wednesday.

Believe me mate, twenty one going on twenty two years out of the top flight, with no hope of a return anytime soon is no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.