Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment seem a matter of When and not if.
Squads shocking, Rich and DCL will be off in the summer and the nothing will be spent as we are fekked money wise.
Still got players on stupid contracts. Robbing a living.
Inept board, who are completely clueless and an owner who despite being a billionaire and spending £500 million seems to be a complete idiot.
Moshiri needs to clean house. New board, new DOF, New academy people. Get rid of the “Job for the boys” and get the BEST people in.

At the moment seem a matter of When and not if.
Squads shocking, Rich and DCL will be off in the summer and the nothing will be spent as we are fekked money wise.
Still got players on stupid contracts. Robbing a living.
Inept board, who are completely clueless and an owner who despite being a billionaire and spending £500 million seems to be a complete idiot.
Moshiri needs to clean house. New board, new DOF, New academy people. Get rid of the “Job for the boys” and get the BEST people in.
Or even better, sell to someone with as much money as him who has a clue how a football club should be run.

Surely you don't want the downs though? You sound positively giddy at the idea of relegation. It's beyond weird.

Im a positive person thats why.

All the bedwetters would probably burn their season tickets and cry they aint supporting us anymore if we ever went down whereas I look at the positives of every situation:

Cheaper Tickets
Proper away days
No VAR
Clearing the decks of crap
Likely new chairman / board
Signing players with a point to prove who have fight in them
Playing in a competitive league where about 10 different clubs can all win it on their day.

Thats not me saying I want to go down - thats me saying I honestly couldn't care less as my life wouldnt change and Everton FC will still be here.

Anybody who thinks this collective of jokers are too good to go down is living in denial.

There is zero spirit or fight throughout the whole squad, which in my view makes them prime candidates for a relegation scrap. The sad part being, they haven’t got a scrap in them.

Throw this dinosaur manager into the mix and it’s an absolute recipe for disaster.

I’ve got no faith in the players whatsoever. Fortunately though I think. Oreo h and Newcastle are looking extremely poor this season. I also think once we get some players back we will pick up points. This lot are more than capable of going into a death spiral but I’m hoping that once they realise they’re not getting Benitez fired that they start playing for their futures and we’ll see a turn around.

All the bedwetters would probably burn their season tickets and cry they aint supporting us anymore if we ever went down whereas I look at the positives of every situation:

Cheaper Tickets
Proper away days
No VAR
Playing in a competitive league where about 10 different clubs can all win it on their day.

Thats not me saying I want to go down - thats me saying I honestly couldn't care less as my life wouldnt change and Everton FC will still be here.
Have to say being a West Brom fan I much prefer being in Championship, at least we win a few games ?

Cheaper Tickets
Proper away days
No VAR

Going down would financially ruin the club, if not finish it off completely

Going down would financially ruin the club, if not finish it off completely

Maybe in the 90's but with a billionaire owner, Russian Oligarch sponser and a soon to be 53k seater stadium there is no chance. You could argue we would fall foul of the EFL version of FFP but after this season a lot of big earners are off the books and we would actually rid ourselves of a lot of crap happy sitting on their wages here.

it hasn't ruined WBA, Norwich, Fulham who go up and back down every single season - Fulham spent over £100 million then went straight down.

Maybe in the 90's but with a billionaire owner, Russian Oligarch sponser and a soon to be 53k seater stadium there is no chance. You could argue we would fall foul of the EFL version of FFP but after this season a lot of big earners are off the books and we would actually rid ourselves of a lot of crap happy sitting on their wages here.

it hasn't ruined WBA, Norwich, Fulham who go up and back down every single season - Fulham spent over £100 million then went straight down.
If we went down the stadium would we stopped, sponsorship would fall threw the floor, debts would climb, players will have relegation release clauses. The club would be absolutely wreaked, we have to sell all the better players, at cut down prices just to cover the debt

Income would fall off as well,

Non of them where in as bad a state as us

If we went down the stadium would we stopped, sponsorship would fall threw the floor, debts would climb, players will have relegation release clauses. The club would be absolutely wreaked, we have to sell all the better players, at cut down prices just to cover the debt

Im on about post stadium mate.

We only post losses because as a club we've been spending CL money to finish midtable for 5 years now. After 2-3 seasons of prudent spending, big earners from the Walsh and early Brands regimes off the books and the BMD revenue + naming rights deal from USM on it financially we'll be the strongest team outside of the big 6 unless the Saudi's can get around the rules to put big money into Newcastle.

To say we would implode is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.