Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be fine with that. A win in either of the next 2 would be OK prior to our 2 home games, especially if Leeds lose today.

Kinda get what you're saying but not sure I agree, the Watford game should be our easiest remaining game so we need to be taking 3 points from that. Brentford and Palace are both solid sides, I expect us to take 4 points at least from those 2 games but we could easily lose one.

For me, the Watford game needs to be 3 points, 1 point today would be sufficient, a win would be a bonus.

We are definitely not, but goes a long way towards it
Well no, of course not.

But the momentum it’d signify, the breaking of the away curse, and the morale punch to Burnley and (hopefully) Leeds would be a massively potent cocktail.

I honestly think we stay up if we win today - but no result wrecks our hopes, either.

The more I look at it, the more I’m convinced. We’ve 2 games in hand of Burnley, and play both before Burnley play again so every chance we’re above them before we both play again a week on Sunday. Even if we’re not, let’s look at the worse case scenario here.

We lose tomorrow, and then somehow do what nobody else seems to have done and also lose at Watford midweek. Worst case scenario. We then go in to Sunday week level on games played and still 2 points behind them. But then you can all but write their next game off away to Spurs, whilst we have Brentford at Goodison. With the way we’re playing at home, every chance we could then be above Burnley, both with two games left.

They’ve then got Villa away, whilst we have Palace at Goodison, I know which game I’d prefer. It’s entirely possible it then renders the final game academic. Yes I know ifs buts and maybes, and there’s been some strange results, but I can’t see any way they pick up anything in their next game at Spurs, meaning we effectively have 3 games in hand to get above them, Leicester away, Watford away, Brentford at home.

I haven’t even factored in Leeds in this either!
I like how you think

Status
Not open for further replies.