Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really? There's not many Championship sides I'd fancy this Everton side getting points at. We got mauled by Watford, turned over at home by Burnley and beat by Norwich.

Looking at the sides in the Championship there are plenty of teams there who'd more than give us a game. Plenty of established PL teams have gone down over the years and struggled to come back up. It's the yo-yo teams who are generally very good at coming back up as they've been there and done it.

It's a hard slog of a season and there's not many players in that squad who look capable of delivering that. And not much at the club with a demonstrable track record of bringing in the players required to do it either.
Going down gives us an opportunity to “trim the herd”, bring some of the younger players through and give them a chance.

They won’t be bottlers like this lot. I’d rather give Dobbin and Price a go at that level than rely on Doucoure or Gray.

I’m just curious how you think parachute payments (about £40m, against a loss of almost £100m in tv revenues) will help to fund the stadium.
£40M first year, £35M second year, Friday night and Saturday games on TV every week as everyone will one to see us being beaten will generate a few bob, all salary savings from the knobs we get rid of and pie sales from sale increases when we play the local northern clubs.

Take a chill pill, enjoy the ride, followed the club all my life with a season ticket for too many years to remember but will never let a football club be all encompassing in my life, if that's what I wanted I would support the shoite!!!!

That blown game vs Burnley :(
If we'd won that and lost to Man Utd, and all the other results for Burnley and ourselves against all other opponents remained the same, we'd still be above them by a point.

They're called six-pointers for a reason. That game and the 5-2 against Watford earlier in the year were catastrophic results.

£40M first year, £35M second year, Friday night and Saturday games on TV every week as everyone will one to see us being beaten will generate a few bob, all salary savings from the knobs we get rid of and pie sales from sale increases when we play the local northern clubs.

Take a chill pill, enjoy the ride, followed the club all my life with a season ticket for too many years to remember but will never let a football club be all encompassing in my life, if that's what I wanted I would support the shoite!!!!
That’s nice for you, but the parachute payments are in lieu of the (much much larger) tv rights.

All they will do is make the massive financial hole we’ll be in slightly shallower, not “help with the new stadium” in any way shape or form.

As for “enjoying the ride”? No I don’t think I will. Honestly don’t think some people are appreciating how completely cataclysmic relegation could be for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.