Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why haven’t they been promoted automatically if they’re so good and fast and skilful? Because Ipswich Town were just too much of a force?
I despair at Leeds coming back up and their ‘incredible’ squad gets touted for the champions league again…

Also wouldn’t have seen them promoted in 2020/21, Norwich and Watford (bottom two in the Prem the following season) scored 97 and 91 respectively.
Ok I take it back, 90 points is crap! If you think we'd score 90 points with our turgid football in the Championship you're delusional. If you've watched the Championship this season, Leeds are way better than Norwich and West Brom. Personally hoping one of those 2 come up. They have the same problem as most Championship teams, they can't defend. Ipswich are the same. However, they'll probably beat us!

Ok I take it back, 90 points is crap! If you think we'd score 90 points with our turgid football in the Championship you're delusional. If you've watched the Championship this season, Leeds are way better than Norwich and West Brom. Personally hoping one of those 2 come up. They have the same problem as most Championship teams, they can't defend. Ipswich are the same. However, they'll probably beat us!

Burnley got 101 points. What a team, what a league.

We got 48 points in the Premier League so I’d be confident of us doubling that in the Championship tbh.

Tbf we have amassed 48 points in the prem this season…it’s been a grim watch but I doubt leeds will get close to that next season if they get promoted.

Surely Leeds and Leicester are not going to be able to strengthen their teams that much with them both being at the limits of psr. Think they'll both be struggling.

Hoping Norwich beats Leeds anyway so we can get Harrison for another year

@coollino people have gone very early with the Super Leeds thing lol

The relegation thread never sleeps.
I'm not saying Leeds won't struggle, they will. But they are the best team in the playoffs. If we sell all of our best players we are going to be down there again so we need the worst possible teams in the division. Not everything is black and white you know.

Tbf we have amassed 48 points in the prem this season…it’s been a grim watch but I doubt leeds will get close to that next season if they get promoted.
Scoring 48 points in the Premier League is very good for us given our lack of resources, but we'd be a scalp in the Championship. If we went down we'd lose all of our best players, plus the likes of Tarkowski who'd want to stay in the Premier League. I'm not convinced we'd be able to win every week, it's a relentless league. Anyway the easiest thing is to not get relegated so we don't have to find out. Therefore, Norwich or West Brom to come up please!

Scoring 48 points in the Premier League is very good for us given our lack of resources, but we'd be a scalp in the Championship. If we went down we'd lose all of our best players, plus the likes of Tarkowski who'd want to stay in the Premier League. I'm not convinced we'd be able to win every week, it's a relentless league. Anyway the easiest thing is to not get relegated so we don't have to find out. Therefore, Norwich or West Brom to come up please!
I think you’re right in the sense that relegation would be the final nail in our coffin…and your leeds/Leicesters etc are much better suited to come back up.

Ipswich will be another Burnley I think, will get found out quickly in the prem. If Norwich or West Brom come up then the same…it’s a sad indicator of where we are but it’s then a case of amassing more points than one other side. Feel there are teams like Bournemouth, Brentford, Fulham etc who have the potential to nose dive next season.

Roll on a time where can actively be top half again and have some hope as a fanbase of progression.

Did Leeds lose all their best players?

They will do well to match plucky Luton who you were championing here for months as such a wonderful side who we would be very lucky to finish ahead of .

Status
Not open for further replies.