Relegation 23/24 Thread

Na I want Luton gone... especially how verbal their board member Gary Sweet has been about how lenient our apparent deductions have been.... I'll bask in their relegation.

Those of us who grew up watching the cynical Revie era Leeds in the 60s and 70s still hate that club to this very day, despite the good teams they have had since like the Cantona/Speed team and the Yeboah team and the Leeds of the Bielsa years.

It is in our DNA.

Fast forward to the 1980s and I think we still hate Luton because of what they were then.

They had that awful Thatcherite MP as chaiman, David Evans,

He wanted identity cards for fans…he touted the idea of electric fences around the pitch.

And if course they had that awful plastic pitch.

So sod Luton….I want they back whence they came…never to rise sgain.

It was a genuine question from me…..I do agree that there has been an agenda, but I don’t think it’s been specifically targeted against us as a club….it could have been any of the none Sly six……it was just that we found ourselves in the firing line.

I think any distance that they were also prepared to go to in terms of sanctioning us was then curtailed by the subsequent media outcry which in itself I think informed some of the IC’s comments and deductions. We all said what a basket case of a club we were, so it’s unsurprising we found ourselves in the firing line.
Lets just say it's a presentiment I feel: to repeat my previously quoted apothegm regarding such confluence of 'strange' ,(conspiratorial?) events: 'once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action'.
Everton has suffered too many such events to allow me to be entirely convinced we'll be allowed to avoid relegation

Lets just say it's a presentiment I feel: to repeat my previously quoted apothegm regarding such confluence of 'strange' ,(conspiratorial?) events: 'once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action'.
Everton has suffered too many such events to allow me to be entirely convinced we'll be allowed to avoid relegation
Some marvellously verbose paranoia here. Like Matt Le Tissier performing Shakespeare.

Those of us who grew up watching the cynical Revie era Leeds in the 60s and 70s still hate that club to this very day, despite the good teams they have had since like the Cantona/Speed team and the Yeboah team and the Leeds of the Bielsa years.

It is in our DNA.

Fast forward to the 1980s and I think we still hate Luton because of what they were then.

They had that awful Thatcherite MP as chaiman, David Evans,

He wanted identity cards for fans…he touted the idea of electric fences around the pitch.

And if course they had that awful plastic pitch.

So sod Luton….I want they back whence they came…never to rise sgain.
On a personal note, there was also something creepy about David Pleat 😂

You’re the strangest poster on here.

Luton haven't won an away league game in four months, let in 10 goals in the last 2 days but they'll win tomorrow?

Keep up mate, it doesn’t matter what Luton or Everton do, the league want us down so are going to invent a points deduction to relegate us regardless. If that was the case then why they haven’t just slapped us with a -30 right now I don’t know, ask the basket case fella above.

Strikes me as funny how we have been public enemy number one all season, then suddenly Forest get a deduction, they then publicly question referees and have fell out with Sky, then all of a sudden decisions go for us during a derby and we win 2/2, hmmmmm convenient? I wonder how many more results Forest will get? I bet it’s 0 now, as the league now has them targeted.

Strikes me as funny how we have been public enemy number one all season, then suddenly Forest get a deduction, they then publicly question referees and have fell out with Sky, then all of a sudden decisions go for us during a derby and we win 2/2, hmmmmm convenient? I wonder how many more results Forest will get? I bet it’s 0 now, as the league now has them targeted.
We won cos we were the far better team against Liverpool and Forest