Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
premier-league-relegation-chances-april-25.png

let’s hope it correct!

As much as I’m basking in the post derby glow, I still can’t shake this niggle over the drop

Realistically we need Luton and Forrest to lose a game as the max they can then get is 34 and 35 respectively. (Bar any points back for Forrest which is unlikely….as if that’s the case we’ll get some back)

Most importantly is just get the job done on Saturday. However, whatever it takes. Just win

As much as I’m basking in the post derby glow, I still can’t shake this niggle over the drop

Realistically we need Luton and Forrest to lose a game as the max they can then get is 34 and 35 respectively. (Bar any points back for Forrest which is unlikely….as if that’s the case we’ll get some back)

Most importantly is just get the job done on Saturday. However, whatever it takes. Just win
You know we are 8 points clear with a superior goal difference right? This team doesn't go down, the confidence around the club right now is just too high to allow it to happen. If you want another positive, our current form is the same as Villas, so enjoy the season.

Lovely. The very very strong symmetry between the Luton and Forest lines (as one’s chance of the drop goes up, the others goes down by an incredibly similar amount) indicates the stats/prediction almost always had it between those 2, with us occasionally bumbling into it, but not drastically affecting that relationship.

I’ve got a graph semi.

If Luton lose this weekend then we have 4 games to win 1 game or draw 2. If we don't do that when we have Brentford, Luton and Sheffield United within those 4 games then...

I can see wolves putting a few past Luton. They will want to prove a point after losing at home to Bournemouth. Luton form is very poor away

Then we go into the Brentford game needing just a point to guarantee safety but I think we'll win anyway

Lovely. The very very strong symmetry between the Luton and Forest lines (as one’s chance of the drop goes up, the others goes down by an incredibly similar amount) indicates the stats/prediction almost always had it between those 2, with us occasionally bumbling into it, but not drastically affecting that relationship.

I’ve got a graph semi.
I'm not a massive fan of the OPTA type stuff, for me the best indicator is the exchange betting market, real people putting their money where their mouths are. We've never been in as much trouble as the last two seasons (we went odds on for the drop in both), the winless first few games and the initial ten points being I assume the two peaks. Even during the second winless run the market remained fairly bullish and you can see the plummet in the last week.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 15.20.01.png

Ok, so looking at that they seem to have been convinced for a while now that we weren’t going down.

I wish I had their confidence. Think we should be ok after Wednesday’s amazing performance!

Would be nice to confirm it tomorrow though.

If Luton lose this weekend then we have 4 games to win 1 game or draw 2. If we don't do that when we have Brentford, Luton and Sheffield United within those 4 games then...

If Luton lose this weekend then a point secures our status, barring an amazing goal swing

I think we're +16 on Luton and something like +20 on Burnley

The most Burnley can get is 34 points

If Luton lose, 34 is the most they can get also

A draw tomorrow puts us on 34 and basically safe

(Yes I have been looking at the table and doing the maths like a total lameozoid, why do you ask? lol )

If Luton lose this weekend then a point secures our status, barring an amazing goal swing

I think we're +16 on Luton and something like +20 on Burnley

The most Burnley can get is 34 points

If Luton lose, 34 is the most they can get also

A draw tomorrow puts us on 34 and basically safe

(Yes I have been looking at the table and doing the maths like a total lameozoid, why do you ask? lol )
Yep, would be really nice indeed if Luton lose at 3pm and we then go into our game at 5:30 only needing 1 point for safety, especially after the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.