Relegation 23/24 Thread

One of the worst home records Vs one of the worst away records should be a classic šŸ˜…

Screenshot_2024-04-21-09-17-10-15_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-21-09-17-26-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Be hilarious if Burnley and Luton got a bit of hope of survival due to the points deductions then right at the end we get the 2 back on appeal and itā€™s gone again. Both should have been down weeks ago and wouldnā€™t have had any hope to even play for.

If the worst football team of all time to be in the prem this season gets an 8 point deduction and still stays up what does that say about the mediaā€™s favourite Luton team who always have ā€˜something about themā€™ and ā€˜top managerā€™ Vincent Kompany?
Hope you have the right of it mate, I think we need a really big performance today.

Iā€™ll be watching our reaction to Monday with interest. ;)

Three points today would absolutely sicken Luton and Burnley.

If we did we'd have a 5 point gap on Luton and 7 point gap on Burnley (effectively a 6 point gap and 8 point gap, respectively, due to GD) almost certainly too much for both to make up; a near enough home banker against Sheff Utd to come and two games against Brentofrd and Luton we stand excellent chances of draws or more in...oh, and maybe a point handed back from the PL appeal.

In short: three points today and it's 99% over for those two.

Basically yeterdays Luton result means today is pretty much a must not lose game. A win would imo make us safe, unless we dont ship loads and have a ā€œChelseaā€ against Liverpool / Arsenal.

If we are safe by the Arsenal game, and they are going to clinch the title with a victory against us, then our fans can sing, we want 3, 4, 5, 6 etc knowing we are safe, and perversely enjoy the game, for the first time in months.

Win today all but keeps us safe. Pick up a draw against Brentford/Liverpool and we are fine. Also, Sheff United at home is there if we really need extra points.

I think 34 points is probably best to target at this point. That might get lower as the games tick by if Luton and Burnley donā€™t win.
A win today against forest would be a great step in the right direction. After the Chelsea game Iā€™m not confident though

I think 34 points is probably best to target at this point. That might get lower as the games tick by if Luton and Burnley donā€™t win.
A win today against forest would be a great step in the right direction. After the Chelsea game Iā€™m not confident though
Yep, that's what we should be realistically aiming for.

I cant help think though that a points total as low as 31 or even 30 will be enough.

These calculations will change with every result we get, but just as things stand we're in good shape.

Iā€™m trying not to focus on today and look at the whole weeks games instead. 4 or 5 points from this week and Wolves beating or drawing with Luton should basically end it.

3 points today would be amazing but I just donā€™t see it, draw for me which would be annoying but not the end of the world.

I'm hoping the results yesterday don't alter Dyche mindset and he still goes for a win, I fear he will not change his approach at all and try and hold onto not losing.

Prove me wrong Dyche or get out of our club.

Three points today would absolutely sicken Luton and Burnley.

If we did we'd have a 5 point gap on Luton and 7 point gap on Burnley (effectively a 6 point gap and 8 point gap, respectively, due to GD) almost certainly too much for both to make up; a near enough home banker against Sheff Utd to come and two games against Brentofrd and Luton we stand excellent chances of draws or more in...oh, and maybe a point handed back from the PL appeal.

In short: three points today and it's 99% over for those two.

You are forgetting Forest as part of the equation. Burnley would be delighted if we beat Forest given they play them last match.