Relegation 23/24 Thread

Really hope we’re in the PL mid-table mediocrity 24/25 thread next season.

Not sure I cba with another one of these.

Cmon Brentford you melons, do Barca-Luton good n proppa will ya, ffs.

Standard will be higher from what is coming up. Given their endless years in this league laughable if Leicester, Leeds or Southampton come up and can barely scrape 20 points by middle of April. Godsend this season that Burnley and Sheffield United have been that bad.

Ipswich will struggle a bit more but they've got some exciting young players and will probably spend a decent amount.

Short of this club randomly being taken over by a state in the summer a serious relegation battle is all but inevitable next season given the state of the squad and the general finances.

For a third year in a row I'm at the point of obsession over whether Everton can scrape enough points to stay up. I can't even explain why I care so much but I just do. I'm waking up with a feeling of dread after defeats and I genuinely wish I could just switch off but I can't. Sometimes i wish everton wouldnt exist anymore. I'm not even from Liverpool and only make it over from Northern Ireland for a few games every season so I really don't know how the die hards cope with it. There's little enjoyment from watching us atm and I'm absolutely dreading the forest match because the prospect of defeat is unbearable to think
I’ll be honest I’m more concerned this year then the last two, thats purely based on what I have seen in the last two performances, we aren’t fighting and don’t have the desire nor fight of Luton or Forest thus far. It needs a big turnaround.

I hoped it was just a downer after Chelsea, but in the cold light of analysis, I worry this group of players aren’t up for fight this or will shrink, I see worrying signs, they seem like a team feeling sorry for themselves to me.

I won’t harp on as everyone is nervous enough, but I don’t like what I see from this group of players and what will be required in the next few weeks.

Hope they prove me wrong tomorrow.

There is still opportunity and time.
There’s 3 teams for one last spot if it was 2 spots I’d be flapping a lot more