Relegation 23/24 Thread

Just to reiterate again on Forest: if we can get a win on Sunday we're in a commanding position in our battle with them.

They'd have 4 games left with 4 points to make up on us: 2 at home against formidable opposition in City and Chelsea, and 2 away. The two away are against bottom 3 clubs, but their away record this season is atrocious - 6 points all season.

If we can get the win against them - IF - then I don't fancy their chances of survival, tbh. I think Nuno is a decent manager, but he knows Sunday is do or die against us. Can we afford to draw against them? No, I don't believe we can, but I'd say a draw would be worse for them for the reasons laid out above.
10 points away from home. 2 wins 4 draws.

But the point stands; we have 19 away points by comparison. We’ve been atrocious of late, but we really shouldn’t be in the same fight as them.

Our previous knack of being rock solid at the back against decent forwards and potent at set pieces is precisely what’s needed against these. We’ve already played exactly how we need to play against them. Hopefully the drubbing on Monday works positively. A bland ineffective 0–2 at Chelsea might not have stirred a response as at much as that thrashing might have (😬). Hopefully the players respond to how close they could be to safety with a win here and a Luton loss. Everything that’s gone on and so close to just getting it sorted. Then most of them can sling their hooks.

10 points away from home. 2 wins 4 draws. But the point stands; we have 19 away points by comparison. We’ve been atrocious of late, but we really shouldn’t be in the same fight as them. Our previous knack of being rock solid at the back against decent forwards and potent at set pieces is precisely what’s needed against these. We’ve already played exactly how we need to play against them. Hopefully the drubbing on Monday works positively. A bland ineffective 0–2 at Chelsea might not have stirred a response as at much as that thrashing might have (😬). Hopefully the players respond to how close they could be to safety with a win here and a Luton loss. Everything that’s gone on and so close to just getting it sorted. Then most of them can sling their hooks.
That's the way I saw it too mate.

They know they owe the fans.

Note sure how you've worked that out?

Luton's remaining fixtures:
- Brentford (H)
- Wolves (A)
- Everton (H)
- West Ham (A)
- Fulham (H)

Ours:
- Forest (H)
- RS (H)
- Brentford (H)
- Luton (A)
- Sheff Utd (H)
- Arsenal (A)

On paper, we have the 'better' fixtures, plus an extra game to get points from.
What paper are you reading on 🤔

For a third year in a row I'm at the point of obsession over whether Everton can scrape enough points to stay up. I can't even explain why I care so much but I just do. I'm waking up with a feeling of dread after defeats and I genuinely wish I could just switch off but I can't. Sometimes i wish everton wouldnt exist anymore. I'm not even from Liverpool and only make it over from Northern Ireland for a few games every season so I really don't know how the die hards cope with it. There's little enjoyment from watching us atm and I'm absolutely dreading the forest match because the prospect of defeat is unbearable to think about. Having said that, the relief and joy if we do get a win would be amazing. Get into them!