Relegation 23/24 Thread

Is good prople have confidence we can stay up, is what we need i am down after tonight but still ahead at this point. Is horrible but well onto sunday

It is still 35 points from 32 based on what's actually been produced on the pitch. Maybe the points tally wouldn't have been that high without the first points deduction and the defiance that followed but there were some really good performances between October-December.

My feeling was it wasn't going to last though and with no away wins since mid December reverted to type now on the road. Seems that 3-0 at Wolves killed all the positivity and it's been a very hard slog since with dire performances at Goodison.

Since the Wolves game it's 3 goals in eight away games and the Newcastle one could've easily ended scoreless but for the gift from Dummett.

Luton and Forest with 25 points and Forest with 26 points are suddenly Man City and Real Madrid who'll, of course, batter us in the game they play against us...all because we got beat by a team with 1 defeat in their last 12 games.
No, they aren’t Madrid or City, but I can see with my own eyes that they are more positive, more attacking and play much better football than Everton do.

We have nothing, zero. No passion, no goals in us, no pace, no energy, nothing. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what you are actually watching.

Edit: oh and the last 2 goals we have scored have been gifted to us by goalkeeper errors.

Last edited:

We didn't just get beat, we got Castrated... You don't come bouncing back from that very quickly...
As long as it’s not happening every week, I’d imagine it’s probably easier coming back from a big loss than a last minute goal or close game going against you.

Apart from Beto’s chance, there aren’t many things to mull over really. We’ll see how we play in the next few games though.