Relegation 23/24 Thread

Starting to close in a lot now and be very clear, 40 points is now officially safe, that’ll only go down week after week with Luton.

Genuinely would not be shocked if they didn’t pick up another point honestly, they’ve got a tough fixtures for them, I think 1 more point *could* keep us up but I think all we have to do is beat them in a few weeks and then it’s all but guaranteed.

The sooner we can guarantee it the sooner we can all forget about this club for 3 months and enjoy some peace.

That is what worries me, we can easily go on an another run without winning till the end of the season..

After 31 games we have 27 points, last season we had 28 and the season previous we had 29. So we are behind the curve slightly... if we didn`t have such a crap manager that went 13 without a win, we`d be clear and home and hosed.

well if don’t go a run we know the scenario

we are one of the favorites with them for it then if we stay up

That is usually the formula isn't it. One promoted side goes back down at least and then two very stagnant bottom half prem clubs.

Won't be a huge shock if it's Palace, Everton, Ipswich next season.

Although let's be honest Leicester and Leeds won't be that great if both are struggling to win games at the business end. Leicester will also likely start with a points deduction aswell.

We've also got a big Goal diff advantage thanks to all our wins that we got points deducted from. That's worth an extra point with so few games left.
Watch Richard Masters also scratch the goal diff from the next set of deductions.

Why do people constantly act as though other teams will go on some mad winning run when they have hardly won. We are slowly getting there, yes we finally won last week, but to go 4months without a win, and still be above bottom 3 and have 2 games in hand, surely gives even those people who seem to always think the worst, some hope - ive said all along we would do it, and the closer we get to the end, the more as i said a bit ago we will stutter our way to the end and be safe

I reckon the second points deduction as well as the various things which have gone against them will have definitely had an effect on the mood of the players and management.

Hopefully they will be lifted by today’s results which have gone well for them.
Yeah like the warm weather camp and 3 week break should have been good for them, when they came back it was the most horrific display I`d ever seen.

This manager will go to Chelsea and park the bus, no doubt we will play for the draw and just sit in waiting to get beat.

You said they have 3 winnable home games left and people have just correctly pointed out to you that we also have 3 winnable home games left?

I think the issue there is they win those three games and it's 34 points straight away.

Would need 7 points from three home games to match that if we assume the other two aways will be lost.

Losing at Luton isn't advisable imo as I think would need to reduce the second points deduction to nothing to be very confident of staying up.

That is what worries me, we can easily go on an another run without winning till the end of the season..

After 31 games we have 27 points, last season we had 28 and the season previous we had 29. So we are behind the curve slightly... if we didn`t have such a crap manager that went 13 without a win, we`d be clear and home and hosed.
Fair point but it’s relative isn’t it? I think we will need fewer points to stay up this year. But we will see…