Relegation 23/24 Thread

32/33 will be enough. Luton have 25 with city away next . If they get 7/8 more from 5 games they will be doing very well.
If we avoid defeat against Luton then we shouldn't finish below them

The are 4 key games for us, and 3 are at home, but Forest and Luton are the biggest.

A win against either of those 2 teams means they need a 5 point swing (or 6 with GD) against us in their other 5 matches, and we have 6 other matches.

The are 4 key games for us, and 3 are at home, but Forest and Luton are the biggest.

A win against either of those 2 teams means they need a 5 point swing (or 6 with GD) against us in their other 5 matches, and we have 6 other matches.
Luton have got 3 games at home against Brentford,Everton and Fulham which they will be targeting for 3 wins.
Brentford have Sheff Utd and then Luton so if they win those 2 games they will be in a good position.

We play Forest after the Luton/Brentford game which I think is an advantage at this stage.

Not getting beat by Luton is important but I wouldn’t say going that means we shouldn’t finish below them they would only need to get 2 or 3 points more than we get from the other games if that happens that’s definitely doable. If we beat them we shouldn’t because then they need 6 points more than us from the other games.

I think we need 35 to be *almost* home.

It's defo between us and Luton. I dont see Nuno relegating Forest. They should have had something from Spurs last weekend but for Woods missing an absolute sitter.
You can see Luton getting 10 points from 6 games including city away?
They have got 25 from the previous 32.
If last 2 seasons thought us anything it's that poor teams don't go on winning runs near the end of a season.

As I've said before, it's not so much what we are going to do, it's the annual "can anyone do us a favour" part of the season. For instance we need Sheffield Utd to do us a favour this weekend. How pathetic is that? I assume City will do the business.

If last 2 seasons thought us anything it's that poor teams don't go on winning runs near the end of a season.
Luton’s last game is Fulham at home I think, who will we and truly be on the beech. We have Arsenal away.
We have to hope the league is decided and City have won it by the last game. And that Arsenal progress to the Champions League final. They might rest a few then.

I know. And that's a fair point. But they've been very much in games and squandered a lot of leads.

The desperation of the run in can bring about a lot of surprising results and they have - like us - 3 home games they can defo win.

If we trade wins we're home and dry. Beat Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd and Luton wont do better than that.

Luton’s last game is Fulham at home I think, who will we and truly be on the beech. We have Arsenal away.
We have to hope the league is decided and City have won it by the last game. And that Arsenal progress to the Champions League final. They might rest a few then.
Correct.

I'm still of the opinion that the derby is still in play as a decent chance for a point. I mentioned yesterday that Liverpool have only won 2 of the last 10 Goodison derbies.

No matter what the season that's a tough fixture for Liverpool.