Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This definitely feels like the day I will look back on if we stay up and say 'I think after the Bournemouth game, we were definitely gone.' We just look genuinely poor, even worse than we did before the break.

I don't think anyone realistically expected anything today, nor on Tuesday. It's those home games we have to win, and we know how those go

I thought before today we might just have enough to stay up - and maybe we will - but we won't do it cleanly or without causing near heart-attacks in the fans. For this reason, I have resigned myself to what would be a just result: relegation. The club is corroded from within. It needs a reset. Hanging on for the sake of hanging on is denial. We're on life support and it's time to pull the plug. For blessed relief.

it’s actually mad that a team as bad as ours in the last 3 years probably still won’t go down and if we do it’ll only be because of points deductions.

This league is atrocious outside of genuinely 3 great teams and maaaaybe 2 more decent ones. Worst I’ve ever seen this league, people act like “everyone can almost beat everyone” as a sign of a competitive good league when the reality is it’s just a sign that most of this league is only as good as a financially juiced championship squad.

I thought before today we might just have enough to stay up - and maybe we will - but we won't do it cleanly without causing near heart-attacks in the fans. For this reason, I have resigned myself to what would be a just result: relegation. The club is corroded from within. It needs a reset. Hanging on for the sake of hanging on is denial. We're on life support and it's time to pull the plug. For blessed relief.

a reset in the champ folds us as a club mate i’m loads of ways

I don't think anyone realistically expected anything today, nor on Tuesday. It's those home games we have to win, and we know how those go
I honestly thought we would draw at best, but when we should have pen at 0-0, then level late, but still lose, its just another thing to wind you up. wouldnt expect anything at Toon.

I did think forest would win - so thats a little lucky
thought Luton would lose and had Burnley to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.