Relegation 23/24 Thread

If we were to go down, it would be totally our own fault. We're what, 3 points clear with a better goal difference. We have all the sides below us and the side immediately above us still to play.

Bearing in mind the last few seasons, I'd take the current situation all day long
Yes, we are weirdly comfortable in our discomfort.

Luton had nine points to play for since we last played. They took two when they really needed five. Those three games were all winnable. They have tremendous spirit - as evinced by the two late, late equalisers that won them their two points - but are fundamentally not good enough for this league as proven by that second-half capitulation at modest Bournemouth. They will stay up now only if another team's points deduction(s) gives them an undeserved lifeline.

In other words, Luton blew their chance.

If we could get a win at Bournemouth - which we must aim at and set up for - then we could find ourselves out of trouble on the evening of April 6 after beating Burnley at home. Of course, more likely, we will find our season hinges on the week we play Forest at home and Luton away thanks to the next points deduction...

Dont think can spend aswell and with a possible points deduction
If they need to boost finances, Dewsbury-Hall will make them plenty. Always looked decent in the PL but has matured even more and looks ridiculously comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I saw a fair bit of Choudhury when he was in their U21’s. Always miles and miles above everyone on the pitch. Very tidy in midfield but now seems to be a full back. Interesting that even though he is now experienced (26 already!!), he is just “ok” when at the top level. Gap is utterly huge for most teams now and so few come through from youth teams.

If they need to boost finances, Dewsbury-Hall will make them plenty. Always looked decent in the PL but has matured even more and looks ridiculously comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I saw a fair bit of Choudhury when he was in their U21’s. Always miles and miles above everyone on the pitch. Very tidy in midfield but now seems to be a full back. Interesting that even though he is now experienced (26 already!!), he is just “ok” when at the top level. Gap is utterly huge for most teams now and so few come through from youth teams.
Good player that Dewsbury-Hall but would have to change his name. Far too difficult to shout abuse at

Huge day in our relegation battle.

We fully expect further points to be deducted next month but surely nothing comparable with our previously deducted 6 points, whereas Forest find out their fate today.

It shouldn't leave us to rest on our laurels though. That home game against Forest will be a must, must win still.

We fully expect further points to be deducted next month but surely nothing comparable with our previously deducted 6 points, whereas Forest find out their fate today.

It shouldn't leave us to rest on our laurels though. That home game against Forest will be a must, must win still.
With Burnley and Sheff Utd being so far around, I think if we keep Forest behind us will be enough to stay up. Would be expecting another 6 point deduction which will probably keep Brentford out of it. I hope Luton keep dropping points just to give us another team in danger zone.

Do we know this for sure regarding Forest?

After some good results at the weekend, Everton not playing and then this today, it could be one of the best weekends we have had as Evertonians for some time!

I’m crap on tech but I wanted to put bills face on stay puff the marshmallow man
1000010127.png