Relegation 23/24 Thread

It's all going to come down to the charges against Forest and ourselves.

Forest must get at least 6 points because it appears their mitigation is the Johnson sale to Spurs and, having seen how they dismissed our appeal, that won't stand up at all.

That would put us 7 points above Forest so all would come down to our second charge.

I just hope the Premier League can see the huge hole they are digging themselves if they effectively punish a club for a second time. They'll just have an endless list of cases and a league table looking like a GCSE maths exam...
They'll see it alright - so they'll change the rules meaning yet another Everton first: the first club to be punished twice in the same season for a PSR breach. First and only.

I reckon the absolute maximum we'd get for the second charge is 6 which, if that ends up being the case, then Forest would surely end up with at least 6 themselves and it's as you were.

Dyche & the players really aught to be returning from this break recharged & hellbent on turning our form around across the final 10 games.. because unless that happens they're toast.

Bournemouth beat Luton on Wednesday to go to 35 points. Keeps Luton down there and perhaps allows Bournemouth to take their foot off the gas a little for our visit on the 30th.

Then Luton/Forest draw on the 30th, before Luton go to Spurs, then visit Arsenal and also away to City (after Bournemouth at home).

You can hope…

Bournemouth beat Luton on Wednesday to go to 35 points. Keeps Luton down there and perhaps allows Bournemouth to take their foot off the gas a little for our visit on the 30th.

Then Luton/Forest draw on the 30th, before Luton go to Spurs, then visit Arsenal and also away to City (after Bournemouth at home).

You can hope…
Totally right, but I so look forward to a time when Everton are not going into matches with A.F.C Bournemouth hoping they'll go easy on us 😂

I think Forest will get 6 points. I also think we can forget about appeals. Will take ages and there is no way they are giving points back after the season has ended (if it affects the table at all)

Is anyone else starting to care less about relegation?

I honestly wouldn't miss a thing about the PL. I get top flight status and the knock on effect on the financial side of relegation but the PL is a miserable place and always has been unless your one of the SKY 6.

We have done nothing but make up the numbers for years now. I hope we stay up because i cant be ars3d with the embarrassment of being relegated but i wouldn't miss a thing about the PL.

Yeah thats what I reckon, but with Forest getting at least 6 after any deal and us 2 max, or hopefully nothing/suspended.

Are we expecting to hear their initial punishment this week?

I think Forest will get 6 points. I also think we can forget about appeals. Will take ages and there is no way they are giving points back after the season has ended (if it affects the table at all)
I think we would appeal if we get another 6 but would take 2/3. Is the max you can get 8 if so could see forest appeal and naybe drop to 6.

Is anyone else starting to care less about relegation?

I honestly wouldn't miss a thing about the PL. I get top flight status and the knock on effect on the financial side of relegation but the PL is a miserable place and always has been unless your one of the SKY 6.

We have done nothing but make up the numbers for years now. I hope we stay up because i cant be ars3d with the embarrassment of being relegated but i wouldn't miss a thing about the PL.
Oh absolutely.

I refuse to 'fear' the drop anymore. The perpetual cycle of crap that this club has served up to us for years now has genuinely stopped me from giving much of a s**t about it's ultimate fate. May sound harsh, but it's true.

Add to the fact that the Premier League is clearly the most closed, corrupt, unenviable 'back slapping' division in the world then my desire for the club to remain in said league is ever diminishing.

For too long now it's been Everton: The Drama rather than Everton: The Football Club and something simply has to give at some point. If that's relegation and/or administration then so be it.