Relegation 23/24 Thread

Looking at the run in I cannot see us being relegated. There are games there that are, in terms of the Premier League, relatively easy to win. If we do manage to lose those games and go down then we deserve to be relegated. While I look at the club and I see nothing of any substance in the leadership, the day to day management or the players I still think we can manage to retain our league status.
This only provides us with an opportunity,, if things remain as they are we cannot hope to compete. We need a radical changes throughout the club, but then we have needed that for years. It hasn’t happened and the longer this goes on and the deeper we sink into the mire the harder it is to bring about that change.

No games are easy to win for a team like us. Only City, Liverpool and Arsenal can afford for write fixtures off as easy. I hate that term, the correct term is “winnable”.

Looking at the run in I cannot see us being relegated. There are games there that are, in terms of the Premier League, relatively easy to win. If we do manage to lose those games and go down then we deserve to be relegated. While I look at the club and I see nothing of any substance in the leadership, the day to day management or the players I still think we can manage to retain our league status.
This only provides us with an opportunity,, if things remain as they are we cannot hope to compete. We need a radical changes throughout the club, but then we have needed that for years. It hasn’t happened and the longer this goes on and the deeper we sink into the mire the harder it is to bring about that change.

No games are easy to win for a team like us. Only City, Liverpool and Arsenal can afford for write fixtures off as easy. I hate that term, the correct term is “winnable”.
I agree. Doesn't matter if the opposition are poor, if you are a team that can't score goals then winning is never easy

Discussing winnable v in terms of the Premier League relatively easy to win is dancing on the head on a pin. I accept that we find it very difficult to score goals but I also accept that we have earned 6 more points than those teams around us so we must have been doing something right. While it is very easy to look at our current position and forecast our imminent demise my point is that I think we can survive this season. If we continue with more of the same next year then we will drop out of the top division and it will take a long time to get back.

It might be a godsend you being there at the same time mate, you could draw a picture of a set of goalposts and show them it. lol

No point in drawing goalposts as they have no issue seeing them. Its the netting in between the goal posts that they've got a phobia of.

@neil999 if you could try to show them a ball hitting the back of a net, and the sound it makes so they have some kind of recollection of it, that would be great.

It might be a godsend you being there at the same time mate, you could draw a picture of a set of goalposts and show them it. lol
Lineker and Ian Wright (top bloke) on MOTD last night reckon we’re now too frantic trying to score and need to relax a bit.

When they showed Dobbin, Beto and Onana slashing at the ball from yesterday it sticks out like a sore thumb. It’s mayhem. The Benny Hill end of show music could be used over a compilation of our finishing efforts.

Settle down and start scoring soon or we’re off to Millwall, Cardiff and Bristol next season.