Relegation 23/24 Thread

Never take the easy route do we. Constant hard miles being an Everton fan. Fighting tooth and nail to get our points deduction reduced but we just gave away 2 today.
The next 7 days could be pivotal. Hopefully get a decision & hopefully we get something meaningful back from the so called Independent Commission. Then we really do need to beat West Ham. Forest have Liverpool, Luton play Villa. We have the easiest game on paper at least.

That's a positive afternoon in terms of our chances of staying up, but bloody hell it doesn't feel like one.
We've gained one on Forest and lost two on Palace. It could have been worse but it's not great either. It looks like one from us, Luton and Forest right now. Brentford might get sucked into it but with Toney back I'd expect them to pick up a few wins.

West ham has been very poor lately but they probably see the game at goodison as an opportunity to turn things around...and knowing us, we will probably bottle it as we normally do when we are slightly favourite to win a game.

West Ham never seem to do much at Goodison, can remember them losing 4-0 when Unsworth was having his caretaker spell. Also lost last season in one of the few Lampard wins.

I think Forest and Brentford games are going to be very tricky to win with the pace and forward quality they both have and the pressure back end of the season, can see both going the way of Palace game so need to go all in v West Ham who aren't in great shape.

Don't win that and lose a few of the upcoming away games at Man. United and Newcastle and aren't half leaving a fair bit to do just to reach 36 points again (and that's with 4-5 points back aswell).

We've gained one on Forest and lost two on Palace. It could have been worse but it's not great either. It looks like one from us, Luton and Forest right now. Brentford might get sucked into it but with Toney back I'd expect them to pick up a few wins.
Think brentford away from it now tbh really need that win today

Forest won't go down.
They've got goals, we haven't.
It's between us and Luton imo.

Forest season hinges on these games, aways to Luton, Sheffield United, Everton and Burnley. Homes to Fulham, Palace and Wolves.

I actually think they need 5 wins from those as they're going to get a hefty points deduction based on what they've done and what this club received so they need to be hitting 42-43 points as an insurance even if they're safe with a few weeks left. So in that situation a -10 might not matter.

A tricky March coming up...

Everton vs West Ham
Man Utd vs Everton
Everton vs Liverpool
Bournemouth vs Everton

West Ham is a must win, when you consider our league away record at Man Utd and Bournemouth.
We need a good chunk of points back this week or we'll be struggling to get the points we need to stay up, imo. There's almost no goals in this team and the team is getting more and more defensive each week. The aggressive press of earlier in the season is being used less and less in favour of a low block.

A tricky March coming up...

Everton vs West Ham
Man Utd vs Everton
Everton vs Liverpool
Bournemouth vs Everton

West Ham is a must win, when you consider our league away record at Man Utd and Bournemouth.
Normally I wouldn't want to push the Liverpool game to later in the season, but I don't think we can afford to have that as part of our upcoming run. could easily be without a win from December to April.

Normally I wouldn't want to push the Liverpool game to later in the season, but I don't think we can afford to have that as part of our upcoming run. could easily be without a win from December to April.

The next four wouldn't look kinder without Liverpool.

Everton vs West Ham
Man Utd vs Everton
Bournemouth vs Everton
Newcastle vs Everton