Relegation 23/24 Thread

I’d rather there were two teams down and out tbf.

Last year got stressful due to the numbers involved (and arguably with Leicester/leeds the quality of players they did have)

We have to finish not bottom of a mini group of Luton,forest,Brentford, palace. It’s not a guarantee but doable.

I take heart from the fact that even though we aren’t in a good place, riddled by injuries , can’t finish out supper that we are still grinding out points in the league.

It’s going to be another utterly arse clenching second half of the season , but I still think it all depends if we keep players fit or not.

Luton are flying right now but they will ultimately hit a bad patch as well.

I think spurs and the way they play are there for the taking on Saturday if we get gana/Onana back in.

It’s utterly demoralising as we should be sitting pretty in mid table but I think we will just about survive again.
Palace and Brentford have attacking players on another level to us sadly

Luton simply aren't going away are they?

Unless we start winning football matches again/getting points back then we're in trouble.

I said it before in here that they're the one side that scares me at the bottom because unlike SU and Burnley, they have the grit and fight to stay up. I reckon they'll do it too. It's going to be Burnley, SU and the other team will be us or Forest, depending on point deductions. Palace too could get dragged in depending on the fitness of Olise and Eze.

This post makes no sense whatsoever
It does....now that luton has something to lose, let's see how is this impacting the way they play. Its easy for a promoted club to play freely when you are where you are expected to be. Now this is changing and out of the 3 promoted clubs, they are the ones to watch which undoubtedly will bring pressure and expectation...only need one bad result and they could go on a bad run.

Sorry how is it possible that we could get another 10 and they’d get none?
Depends how "independent" the independent commissions actually are, but if they are genuinely separate its possible one group could accept their mitigating circumstances and our one reject ours, or choose a transfer ban for them and deduction for us (or the other way round). Mental, but it's where we are!

Depends how "independent" the independent commissions actually are, but if they are genuinely separate its possible one group could accept their mitigating circumstances and our one reject ours, or choose a transfer ban for them and deduction for us (or the other way round). Mental, but it's where we are!
Think we will get something like 6 off, then 6 on. To keep it all conveniently simple and the same. You would think Forest would get a fair few points - but Im not confident. Think they have their motives set already.

Playing Wimbledon crazy gang football like we did last night and we'll sink like a ship.
I see a lot of complaints right across social media about being robbed , re no penalty this season.
We don’t own the ball enough to win one. We don't explore the opportunity of passing the ball for any prolonged period, back to the keeper and punt it up front.
Last night was awful from Everton, just bloody awful.

Playing Wimbledon crazy gang football like we did last night and we'll sink like a ship.
I see a lot of complaints right across social media about being robbed , re no penalty this season.
We don’t own the ball enough to win one. We don't explore the opportunity of passing the ball for any prolonged period, back to the keeper and punt it up front.
Last night was awful from Everton, just bloody awful.

There is no cohesion. I don’t disagree that our squad is poor however these players are on a lot of money and they can barely keep possession. We must be one of the worst in the league for ball retention given how easy we lose it.

Even in that winning streak in December you could see it was still a big problem.
The third goal against Newcastle was a shock to be honest

Luton and Forest both have one striker that will guarantee them goals.

Remember when Awoniyi single handedly saved Forest last season? He missed 10 games recently but scored the game before his injury and also in his return last night.

Adebayo for Luton is on 8 for the season already - that's as many as DCL, Harrison, McNeil and Beto have between them.

A very scary thought.

Ah yeah my bad. We are fine.

Had one purple patch all season after the point deduction.

Otherwise we have lost to Luton twice, drawn against Sheffield, lost against wolves. Where exactly do you see any reliable source of points coming from? Beating Chelsea and Newcastle in the second half of the season?

Haven’t won in five games and looking at the fixture list that could very easily become 9.

We have no discernible way of scoring goals or even looking like we will be winning games.

But sure. Haha. Everton are great at the minute. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Nil satis etc.

who said we’re great at the minute?