Relegation 23/24 Thread

Forest getting deducted some points becomes a necessity as each game goes by.

Looking at the table and I can see plenty of teams getting to 38-40 points by start of May on account of how bad Sheffield United and Burnley are.

It will be like 21/22 in that 17th will probably require quite a high points tally so really need Forest to get a similar punishment so that would give them a finishing points tally of something like 28-29 points which would still be reachable.

Luton is going to win another 5 games at least imo so it's very possible now they will reach 40 points. No one would've thought that possible at the start of October.

Ah yeah my bad. We are fine.

Had one purple patch all season after the point deduction.

Otherwise we have lost to Luton twice, drawn against Sheffield, lost against wolves. Where exactly do you see any reliable source of points coming from? Beating Chelsea and Newcastle in the second half of the season?

Haven’t won in five games and looking at the fixture list that could very easily become 9.

We have no discernible way of scoring goals or even looking like we will be winning games.

But sure. Haha. Everton are great at the minute. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Nil satis etc.

It is worrying that the teams at the bottom of the table are not as poor as I had hoped, I thought we would be better than the bottom three but now that we can’t score on a regular basis I am starting to get concerned.

The issue is how poor the bottom two are.

Think back to 21/22 and pretty much everyone was beating Norwich and Watford so that inflates mid table teams points totals.

Needed 39 to be sure of safety that season. Won't be getting that points haul this season.

Palace aren't a good team at all currently but beating Sheffield has given them some breathing space.

Luton might not be the ones to target, there are other teams around us with tougher schedules left on paper. If Forest get any sort of deduction and we don’t get more than 10 total points deducted after the appeal and second charge, Sheffield United, Forest and Burnley will clearly be the three targets.

View attachment 244181
Excellent point.

It's far from over.

We can't go down and we won't go down.

A long way to go guys...we are going through a rough time with injuries to key players...luton have been good lately but it's one thing playing with no pressure because you are in the bottom 3 and you have nothing to lose, it's another when you actually realise that you may have an opportunity to stay up when out of the bottom 3.

This post makes no sense whatsoever

Looking at the table and I can see plenty of teams getting to 38-40 points by start of May on account of how bad Sheffield United and Burnley are.

It will be like 21/22 in that 17th will probably require quite a high points tally so really need Forest to get a similar punishment so that would give them a finishing points tally of something like 28-29 points which would still be reachable.

Luton is going to win another 5 games at least imo so it's very possible now they will reach 40 points. No one would've thought that possible at the start of October.
Slowly losing interest in the EPL and Everton.

Did not watch us on Saturday, switched off at half time last night.

Ten-point deduction, Appeal, second PSR charge, loans to pay for the day to day running of the football club, mediocre, dinosauric thinking manager coupled to in the main mediocre players, Onana and Branthwaite being touted to other clubs to pay the clubs debt, in the main rubbish football.

Sick and tired of all this S and I don't look forward to matchday that much anymore.

I am sure there will be many people disagreeing with me, but that's my opinion.

Thank You!!

Slowly losing interest in the EPL and Everton.

Did not watch us on Saturday, switched off at half time last night.

Ten-point deduction, Appeal, second PSR charge, loans to pay for the day to day running of the football club, mediocre, dinosauric thinking manager coupled to in the main mediocre players, Onana and Branthwaite being touted to other clubs to pay the clubs debt, in the main rubbish football.

Sick and tired of all this S and I don't look forward to matchday that much anymore.

I am sure there will be many people disagreeing with me, but that's my opinion.

Thank You!!
Sadly, I and many others would agree !!

Forest have a lot of tough home games. Sadly they have their main striker back now who is already back on the score sheet

The issue is how poor the bottom two are.

Think back to 21/22 and pretty much everyone was beating Norwich and Watford so that inflates mid table teams points totals.

Needed 39 to be sure of safety that season. Won't be getting that points haul this season.

Palace aren't a good team at all currently but beating Sheffield has given them some breathing space.
I’d rather there were two teams down and out tbf.

Last year got stressful due to the numbers involved (and arguably with Leicester/leeds the quality of players they did have)

We have to finish not bottom of a mini group of Luton,forest,Brentford, palace. It’s not a guarantee but doable.

I take heart from the fact that even though we aren’t in a good place, riddled by injuries , can’t finish out supper that we are still grinding out points in the league.

It’s going to be another utterly arse clenching second half of the season , but I still think it all depends if we keep players fit or not.

Luton are flying right now but they will ultimately hit a bad patch as well.

I think spurs and the way they play are there for the taking on Saturday if we get gana/Onana back in.

It’s utterly demoralising as we should be sitting pretty in mid table but I think we will just about survive again.

A point last night is a decent result. Hopefully we can follow it up with another result against Spurs… we should have Gueye and Onana back to give us more options in the middle and they’re without Son who is still away at the Asia cup.

We've still got 48 points to play for. The biggest problem (imo) is no one has any idea how many points were going to need to earn to stay up with the 10 point appeal to be heard and the prospect of another punishment.

Too many folk concentrating solely on Luton as well… we're 1 win away from overtaking Forest and being on Palace's toes. Brentford have games in hand, but they're certainly not out of it.

Can everyone stop saying "without the deduction", that`s all very well but we don`t have them points and we may never have them points so stop harping back to that and come back to the reality of the situation...
I think it’s fair to point out that we have won more points over the course of the season than the teams around us, and given the points left available to play for, we should realistically expect do so again.