Relegation 23/24 Thread

Luton had a great opportunity today to end the year outside the relegation zone and they slipped up at home to a dreadfully poor Chelsea side. Just throwing a different angle in there.
They did go miles behind in the game and fight back to almost get a point. We went miles behind and brought Coleman on. God I’m miserable.

Luton have put some massive shifts in. They will crumble just as we have.

Apart from Sheff Utd, Burnley, Luton, Brentford, Forest, Fulham, Palace, Wolves, Chelsea and West Ham,

But it does include Everton. Just saying.

Yes but the points robbery has sadly thrown everything out of kilter so really the position is the same as it was after beating Bournemouth 3-0 in early October. Back then were 16th and a few points clear of relegation so in three months the situation has sadly not changed despite all the wins.

I meant aswell back then Bournemouth, Wolves and Fulham all looked really really poor teams who were going to be in relegation fight up to May. Instead Bournemouth and Wolves will probably reach 40 points by March at this rate, Fulham at least are dipping again after those consecutive 5-0s.

Forest getting new manager bounce and Palace are the sort who'll get a win when they really need it (if they keep Olise and Eze fit). Toney available for Brentford's next match so see if he makes a difference although will surely take time to get up to match intensity?

Luton got Burnley away next match btw so they'll be pretty confident of winning that, could be enough to get themselves out of bottom 3.

Luton had a great opportunity today to end the year outside the relegation zone and they slipped up at home to a dreadfully poor Chelsea side. Just throwing a different angle in there.

Luton are about to become last seasons Leeds on here, peak Barcelona mk 2.

You’d think some of the crazies, would’ve learnt after last season, but no, they’re back at it again.

Sorry mate, I can see this points deduction taking us down this season.

It was always an impossible task for a team that's averaged 37.5 points in the last two seasons to get approaching 50 points to survive this season.

This season looks like catching up with us.

…but even with the 10 point deduction we still aren’t in the relegation zone. Not saying we are definitely safe but I don’t make us favourites to go down.

…but even with the 10 point deduction we still aren’t in the relegation zone. Not saying we are definitely safe but I don’t make us favourites to go down.
There's a danger we start thinking this lot are better than the other dross sides at the bottom with us. On recent evidence we most certainly are not.

Dyche better have their heads in the game from now on in because no points are coming our way from that panel and we're a lousy, ill-disciplined and clueless looking team without Doucoure and Gueye to turn to...two players the clever people deride, btw.

Yes but the points robbery has sadly thrown everything out of kilter so really the position is the same as it was after beating Bournemouth 3-0 in early October. Back then were 16th and a few points clear of relegation so in three months the situation has sadly not changed despite all the wins.

I meant aswell back then Bournemouth, Wolves and Fulham all looked really really poor teams who were going to be in relegation fight up to May. Instead Bournemouth and Wolves will probably reach 40 points by March at this rate, Fulham at least are dipping again after those consecutive 5-0s.

Forest getting new manager bounce and Palace are the sort who'll get a win when they really need it (if they keep Olise and Eze fit). Toney available for Brentford's next match so see if he makes a difference although will surely take time to get up to match intensity?

Luton got Burnley away next match btw so they'll be pretty confident of winning that, could be enough to get themselves out of bottom 3.
There are 18 games to go NOT 5. Any team can win a game or 2 games on the bounce but as I pointed out not many have won 4 out of 5 as you claimed.

Why do you post this '
with so many teams looking poor and then going and winning 4 of the next 5.
and then totally ignore it when you are shown to be wildly inaccurate. You're not @davek so it's OK to say 'fair point, I might have got that wrong'.

There's a danger we start thinking this lot are better than the other dross sides at the bottom with us. On recent evidence we most certainly are not.

Dyche better have their heads in the game from now on in because no points are coming our way from that panel and we're a lousy, ill-disciplined and clueless looking team without Doucoure and Gueye to turn to...two players the clever people deride, btw.

I agree we are unlikely to get any points back. I think we’ve lost to some good sides and today maybe the Christmas fixture congestion caught up with us.

That would be the sane thing to do and is my intention for a couple weeks. But people are understandably panicking because it’s all about form. A few weeks ago we were unbeatable. Luton, Burnley, Sheffield United, Forest couldn’t find a point, never mind a win. “Should have given us a 15 point deduction 🖕 woohoo Evertonnnnnn 🍺🍻.”

In no time at all the promoted teams have started either scrambling to the odd win, or at least making a really good battle against better teams, Forest have a new manager (which didn’t look a good fit at all) and have won two in a row. No surprise they won tonight. We firstly went back to the form of September; playing well and getting nothing, goals dried up, then finally succumbing to the worst performance of the season. Dom looks like he will never score again, and we have mystery injuries to 2 starting midfielders, an unfit Coleman and AWOL Young, and are having to start Gomes, which 4 weeks ago was laughable. Square pegs all over the shop.

But it just proves form does swing in the blink of an eye unless you are an elite consistent team, and it will do so again. Its just hard to see it after an absolutely embarrassing one sided mauling by a mediocre team.

Hate saying it, but I’m worried enough to not be that bothered about the cup match. Purely due to lack of squad depth.
If we had played three teams in the bottom 6 in the last three games I would be concerned about a lack of form.

Ask yourself honestly - what did you expect, points wise, from Spurs away, City at home and Wolves away? Then ask yourself, after the deduction, would you have settled for 12 points out of 8 games?