Relegation 23/24 Thread

Don’t mean to cast aspersions mate, but all I’ve seen from you this week, is you telling people we’re in trouble, defending the points deduction, and sticking up for the RS in their thread. You sure you’re on the right forum? Apologies if I’m wide of the mark, but all of the above is true.
You're massively wide of the mark, I'm a 4th generation Evertonian who went to their first match at 4 years old and had a season ticket for 20 years when I lived in Liverpool. I'm not a blinkered conspiracy theorist who believes the rs are a team if rubbish players who only win because all of their points are given to them by the authorities and I also don't share the complacent attitude of people who think that because a limited team that dodged relegation in the last half hour of the season last time has strung some results together that means there is absolutely no chance we'll be relegated. If I didn't care about the club I wouldn't care that there's a chance of relegation, not to mention financial ruin given the shysters who look like taking over the club. You carry on living in your ray of sunshine world mate and I'll live in mine.

So we lose to city and they go a point behind with a game in hand

Will be interesting when that Bournemouth game is played. They're in ridiculous form yet Luton were actually leading that for a good chunk before Bournemouth got it back to 1-1 and then the Lockyer stuff happened.

If it's re-arranged for March or even April Bournemouth will probably be on 40 points and feet up so Luton will feel they can get something.

It certainly feels a long time since Luton were scrabbling around on 3-4 points and barely scoring and it would've been laughable to think they could even reach 25 points. I'm certainly not thinking that now and Dyche certainly won't be.

Our main problem, which is common to most teams fighting against relegation, is an inability to convert pressure/dominant periods of play into goals. Apart from Doucoure our next best scorer is DCL on 3 goals. Then there's a couple on 2 and everyone else has 1 goal or 0. When Doucs isn't playing, it's hard to see where the goals are going to come from and that has been the case all season - think Spurs, Fulham, Wolves even Man U. It's unlikely that we'll get a new striker this season - we have no money and January signings are expensive, so i think we'll be looking over our shoulder all season. All that being said, i think we have enough to stay up without having to go to the final day, which will be a nice change.

Will be interesting when that Bournemouth game is played. They're in ridiculous form yet Luton were actually leading that for a good chunk before Bournemouth got it back to 1-1 and then the Lockyer stuff happened.

If it's re-arranged for March or even April Bournemouth will probably be on 40 points and feet up so Luton will feel they can get something.

It certainly feels a long time since Luton were scrabbling around on 3-4 points and barely scoring and it would've been laughable to think they could even reach 25 points. I'm certainly not thinking that now and Dyche certainly won't be.
I know it felt like Luton had been unfortunate in a number of home games if you actually look at their stats re attempts on goals and those on target compared to what we are doing it is very unlikely they can win more games than us over the second half of the season

Why is it whenever we play teams score their only real chances against us. I’ve watched Liverpool at Burnley and Burnley had about 4 good chances and ballooned them all. Never seems to go for us does it. Just watch Haaland be back for tomorrow aswell.

Been going on for years. We give a bang average striker from a bottom half team a half chance from 30 yards and they curl it into the top corner for their only goal in about ten games. Liverpool give away about three free headers in their box every game and no one scores them, no one from Man City can score a pen against them despite multiple attempts and top shirkers miss one on ones all the time against Allison.

I know it felt like Luton had been unfortunate in a number of home games if you actually look at their stats re attempts on goals and those on target compared to what we are doing it is very unlikely they can win more games than us over the second half of the season

They played v well against City, Arsenal and the RS in quick succession and also did better than us against the likes of spurs and Man U. In my opinion they are decent and will be in the mix with Palace, Forest, Brentford, Wolves and us for the final spot. Sheffield and Burnley are gone I reckon.

Not a chance we’re involved in relegation. Not worried about luton, forest or other dregs.

We should be midtable right now based on performance and squad.

I was cheering on forest to beat those deluded idiots Newcastle.

Not a chance we’re involved in relegation. Not worried about luton, forest or other dregs.

We should be midtable right now based on performance and squad.

I was cheering on forest to beat those deluded idiots Newcastle.

Agreed but given the points deduction I think we'll be in the mix for a few months yet. An injury to DCL and we're right in the muck though.