Relegation 23/24 Thread

He’s basically on loan from City

I think he's been pretty poor but then he has stepped up two divisions considering he was at Bolton last season. You can box him in at set pieces though as a few teams have done.

Next week is going to be interesting. I think key for tomorrow is to make sure players don't pick up needless yellows especially in midfield. Chelsea aren't great but Fernandez, Gallaher and Caicedo will all be flying into tackles especially as the atmosphere should be excellent.

Doucoure and Gana are both on 4 yellows so they'll be needed at Turf Moor next week especially as Onana has hardly played for two months.

That's a danger next week as Burnley slowly seem to be developing a backbone at this level.

The results weren't too bad for us. If we can't finish ahead of Sheff U even with a 10 point deduction we deserve to go down.

I think Palace and Forest can definitely be dragged into the relegation dogfight and I'm pretty confident we will finish ahead of both of them.
We've got 2 years of experience too, Palace have been relegated more than we've had hot dinners but it still always seems to surprise them.
Forest seem determined to get into a relegation fight. Second season syndrome where everyone who did well gets bought by "big" clubs, like Tottenham buying Brennan Johnson.
If we win vs Chelsea tomorrow its massive psychologically, but I think overall if we get 10 more points by start of Febrary we'll be laughing come May. Get 15 and it's over.

The way I'm looking at it is to basically ignore the 3 promo'd clubs. Fine as they are, all good clubs with their own merits... but if we chase down Forest, Palace, Wolves, B'mouth and get in the mix with them for points every week, we'll be happy come May. The very bottom teams, it's almost like them winning does us a favour keeping other teams down where we've been deducted to.

The way I'm looking at it is to basically ignore the 3 promo'd clubs. Fine as they are, all good clubs with their own merits... but if we chase down Forest, Palace, Wolves, B'mouth and get in the mix with them for points every week, we'll be happy come May. The very bottom teams, it's almost like them winning does us a favour keeping other teams down where we've been deducted to.
Exactly - if it's 3 out of 7 or 8, we'll be more than fine. We should be 9th let's not forget. We're the best of the bunch you mention.