Relegation 23/24 Thread

They will finish bottom. No matter who they appointed.

Then they will sack wilder or whoever it ie and start again in the champs

Pretty much.

Sheffield United don't really matter as Luton and Burnley have far greater chances to get past 20 points at least.

That said an early bounce would help as Sheffield play Luton at home on Boxing day. Don't really want Luton getting another away win before 2023 is out tbh and they'll have circled that as huge opportunity for them.

So, you're saying if Luton pick up one point in the next two games then that will make a dramatic impact on our survival chances? It's just far too early in the season to be making calls like that. Well, I'm calling it now. We'll finish 10 points ahead of Luton even if we don't get the 10 points back.
If Luton are capable of getting something against Arsenal or Man City, then people are going to have to reassess how "good" a season it is to lose 10 points. The one point on its own won't make a dramatic impact, but it would suggest that they are not going to be the fodder we've all been reassuring ourselves that they are.

Put it this way: we need to be closer to Luton after the next two rounds of matches.

If Luton are capable of getting something against Arsenal or Man City, then people are going to have to reassess how "good" a season it is to lose 10 points. The one point on its own won't make a dramatic impact, but it would suggest that they are not going to be the fodder we've all been reassuring ourselves that they are.

Put it this way: we need to be closer to Luton after the next two rounds of matches.
I'd be astounded if City don't wipe the floor with Luton. They've now drawn 3 games on the bounce so they'll be out for blood - no excuses.

So frustrating and wrong that this is still a relevant thread for us.

Imagine if we can sort the home form out & start taking our chances - no one can deny that Dyche has made us so much more solid and organised - they are playing like it matters now.

Pretty much.

Sheffield United don't really matter as Luton and Burnley have far greater chances to get past 20 points at least.

That said an early bounce would help as Sheffield play Luton at home on Boxing day. Don't really want Luton getting another away win before 2023 is out tbh and they'll have circled that as huge opportunity for them.
Aye - i think we need to just take of ourselves, I don't mind Sheff Utd generally, but to get promoted, sell your best players, invest in practically no one, and expect the manager to 'step up' to this league, is ridiculous... shambolic behaviour, almost on a par with us!! Clearly they aren't doing right, only Everton, can out do Everton!!!

It's only a technicality that this thread still needs to exist. We're not relegation material, there are 8 teams in the league that are worse than us so far this season based on results.

Barring a major turnaround in form for us AND Luton/Burnley, we'll be well clear of the threat of relegation long before the season ends.

I think the only thing that really concerns me a bit is if Luton see that they arent at the bottom like expected, and decide to double down and actually bring in some players in January. Of course it still may not be enough for them, but some january transfers can change the shape of the bottom of the table.

On the plus side I still think we are a midtable side, and will outplay the rest of them like Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Fulham, Wolves etc so I think if we keep playing like we have we catch multiple sides.

All we have to do is to out point Luton by two points over the next 24 games. They are not overcoming the vast goal differential we have over them, if anything, it’ll get worse.

As long as we keep Sheff Utd and Burnley behind us, we’ll be okay. I still think we’ll get some points back as well.

COYB’s.