Relegation 23/24 Thread

The 3 newly promoted sides have home fixtures in the next gameweek, we could really do with all 3 losing to just kill any confidence/momentum they could gain from our points deduction

The biggest risk to relegation is the takeover falling through which leads to administration and a further 9 points deduction.

You make a great point but
I think it's all down to what happens on the pitch.

String a few wins together, get out of the bottom 3 and then this noose that's Ben hanging over the club is removed, goodison is rocking and we're on the up...that solidifies any takeover in my opinion. Of course if we lose a run of games..

This is going to be tough, a lot tougher than some fans think.
Mentality is massive in sport, teams like Luton Sheffield United Burnley have been given a massive boost today as it puts another team down there on very few points.

For our team & fans we are suddenly in another massive scrap, this obviously can go 2 ways, we keep playing well and get some points on the board quickly, or we lose v United and struggle in next few fixtures and things will start to snowball very quickly out of control.

The fans will have a massive part to play in this which I know will happen

I don`t think we are in any worse a situation on the field compared to the last 2 seasons. We might be back in the bottom 3 after 12 games, a couple of points from safety, but we are playing a whole lot better and look like we are more confident game by game. We seem to be so different from the team that looked OK until we conceded a goal and would just implode and lose a game by 2 or 3. Its a big plus when you can see Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton struggle so badly early days too.

One thing is for sure, it will become apparent over the next few months just how strong the team spirit that Dyche has been building actually is. If we can carry on grinding points out, as we have done over the past few weeks, then we may be ok. One thing is for sure, if the team show resilience, the fans will unite behind them in an 'us against the world' attitude.

We'd gained 14 points from 12 games.

10 of them 14 points acquired over 12 games have now gone.

12 games which contained a very favourable run of home fixtures.

The level of confidence that we will be fine after that deduction is baffling to me.

It's another scrap IMO and we need to recruit well in January because we we are too light in key areas and injuries are a thing.

My worry is at least one of Luton, Burnley and Sheff United, will surely at some point, put a run together.
This sanction has come at a bad time in terms of our fixtures.
They might do, but the reality is we are only 2 pounds behind luton ( who have ghe most)

And so far this season they 3 teams have won 2 games between them ALL season, we however are winning a lot of games.

So it's not unlikely ghat one of them starts winning loads, it would mean our form would have to make a dramatic u-turn and we start losing every week.

I'm 99.999999% sure we will stay up.

I'm 99.99999% sure the points will be reduced on appeal as well