Relegation 23/24 Thread

It'd be genuinely mad if Chelsea actually got dragged into this

I sincerely doubt they will, but it'd be a turn up for the books considering how much they've spent
You look at their squad and it's actually not that good at all. They've spent over £1 billion and don't have any stand-out players who can really change a game.

Sanchez is their main keeper and he's bang average. Silva is their best defender and he's almost 40. Apart from Reece James, who is always injured anyway, all of their defenders are crap.

In midfield they've spent almost half a billion, yet Fernandez and Mudryk haven't adapted to the league at all, while Caicedo somehow commanded a £115m fee despite having only been here a year. Most likely it was Brighton making him look like a superstar rather than him making them look great.

Up front Sterling who is half the player he used to be, an immature Jackson who can't stop getting booked, and Broja who has proven nothing in his career so far.

It's a poor, poor squad made up of reckless signings. Bottom half definitely, and would be amazing if they were in the relegation fight. Hope so.

I honestly don't see Luton nor Sheffield Utd getting more than 15 points each.

We really need to use this opportunity that should we get a points deduction we may still have enough.

Id go so far as to say beat Luton and Bournemouth should see us about a third of the way to safety.
Dont see any points deduction at all, only a big fine, plus i am sure it was said few months ago, that there is no points deductions now for any FFP breaches

I honestly don't see Luton nor Sheffield Utd getting more than 15 points each.

We really need to use this opportunity that should we get a points deduction we may still have enough.

Id go so far as to say beat Luton and Bournemouth should see us about a third of the way to safety.
Need to see a bit more of Burnley. They have Luton game after next which could be a springboard for them. Fail to win that and you start to think a 30 point total might be sufficient this season

You look at their squad and it's actually not that good at all. They've spent over £1 billion and don't have any stand-out players who can really change a game.

Sanchez is their main keeper and he's bang average. Silva is their best defender and he's almost 40. Apart from Reece James, who is always injured anyway, all of their defenders are crap.

In midfield they've spent almost half a billion, yet Fernandez and Mudryk haven't adapted to the league at all, while Caicedo somehow commanded a £115m fee despite having only been here a year. Most likely it was Brighton making him look like a superstar rather than him making them look great.

Up front Sterling who is half the player he used to be, an immature Jackson who can't stop getting booked, and Broja who has proven nothing in his career so far.

It's a poor, poor squad made up of reckless signings. Bottom half definitely, and would be amazing if they were in the relegation fight. Hope so.
Must admit - you see their line up and subs and think where has the £bn gone!

I am worried about this October charge plus administration talk.

I think our squad is capable of 44+ points but point reductions make for another difficult season plus our slow start.

Luton and Sheff United will struggle to get 20 points I think. I had Burnley, Fulham, Brentford, Wolves and Bournemouth below us at the start of the season and I don't think that's changed.

The only one which worries me is Burnley because they won the championship with ease last season and have had a tough start with their fixtures

I feel they are the type of side who could pull out wins against the bottom half teams especially at home.

I just hope this poor start affects their confidence and they don’t recover from it
I’ve never understood why the team who wins the championship think they are inferior to the bottom 7 in the PL and try to add PL experience players who obviously no one actually in the PL think are good enough

It's a poor, poor squad made up of reckless signings. Bottom half definitely, and would be amazing if they were in the relegation fight. Hope so

It's a poor, poor squad made up of reckless signings. Bottom half definitely, and would be amazing if they were in the relegation fight. Hope so