Relegation 23/24 Thread

Play like we did yesterday and it’s hard to see us not winning the next two. Massive difference heading into the derby with a relative gap to bottom 3 if we do
That's the problem, we rarely see 2 good performances back to back, saying that we should have won the 1st 2 home games, then agan its oddly a year next sunday since we last got the 2nd of 2 wins in a row away v the saints after beating The Hammers the previous game. But i did fancy us to beat Luton and that was before yesterday - yesterday's performacne has got me thinking we will beat Luton even more

Last time we won 3 prem games in a row was away to Liverpool 2-0, home to saints 1-0 and away to west brom 1-0 in march 2021 - I genuinely could not even remember the goals in the 2nd/3rd games and just had to go to rewatch them

That's the problem, we rarely see 2 good performances back to back, saying that we should have won the 1st 2 home games, then agan its oddly a year next sunday since we last got the 2nd of 2 wins in a row away v the saints after beating The Hammers the previous game. But i did fancy us to beat Luton and that was before yesterday - yesterday's performacne has got me thinking we will beat Luton even more

Last time we won 3 prem games in a row was away to Liverpool 2-0, home to saints 1-0 and away to west brom 1-0 in march 2021 - I genuinely could not even remember the goals in the 2nd/3rd games and just had to go to rewatch them
Mad to think after that West Brom game I was thinking europe after lockdown.

You couldn't ask for two better home games following a strong away win to gather some momentum and gain confidence. If we beat then two we will have nearly gained 1/3rd of the points needed for safety.
Surely, surely, surely Luton is 3 points. If we play the way we did against Fulham and Wolves but with Lewin / Beto / both up front we will win

Surely, surely, surely Luton is 3 points. If we play the way we did against Fulham and Wolves but with Lewin / Beto / both up front we will win
Dyche needs to get consistent performances out of these players, something they’ve spectacularly failed to do over the past 2 years. If we can play like we did last night against Luton and Bournemouth, I’d be confident of picking up 6 points. That is a huge ‘if’!

Last season all three promoted sides stayed up. This season will be the opposite, all three go straight back down.

It's still early days but I don't see Luton, Sheff or Burnley bridging the gap in quality.

Sheffield in particular will find it difficult to get over the flogging they got today.

Last season all three promoted sides stayed up. This season will be the opposite, all three go straight back down.

It's still early days but I don't see Luton, Sheff or Burnley bridging the gap in quality.

Sheffield in particular will find it difficult to get over the flogging they got today.
The only one which worries me is Burnley because they won the championship with ease last season and have had a tough start with their fixtures

I feel they are the type of side who could pull out wins against the bottom half teams especially at home.

I just hope this poor start affects their confidence and they don’t recover from it

Could be wrong but I’m sure that win put us above the RS into 4th. Mad that it was only two years ago. Of course we went and Everton’d it, finished below Leeds and had two seasons of being a circus.
Just checking, it put us into 5th One point behind 4th placed Chelsea and 5points behind 2nd with game in hand, It also put us 3points ahead of Liverpool (7th) who we had a game on at that point