Relegation 23/24 Thread

Even with the new additions we still look like one of the worst sides. It's a very tough and competitive league in which you can't carry any weak links - we still have a lot.

I think there are some people on here who think we've got the makings of a decent side but when you compare us with the likes of Villa, Brighton and even Brentford we look well off the pace. Take someone like Garner for example who we really rate. How many other sides would he actually get in?

Even with the new additions we still look like one of the worst sides. It's a very tough and competitive league in which you can't carry any weak links - we still have a lot.

I think there are some people on here who think we've got the makings of a decent side but when you compare us with the likes of Villa, Brighton and even Brentford we look well off the pace. Take someone like Garner for example who we really rate. How many other sides would he actually get in?
Do we really rate Garner? I don't. And, sadly, due to the mismanagement of the chairman and the owner, we are no longer in serious competition with Villa, Brighton, and Brentford. Our rivals are Burnley, Sheffield United, and Luton. If we finish top of that mini-league, we stay up. We used to play for trophies and titles. Now we play for survival. Thanks Bill. Good times.

This time last year, a nicely taken goal by maupay gives us our first win, this maupay could be a clever signing and I reckon Lampard will do well and we will kick on... Things change v quickly

I think we might see a situation where the bottom 4/5 teams (including us) get case adrift at the bottom of the table. Looking at the fixture list, I struggled to see us having any more than 13 points by xmas. As depressing as that sounds.

With all due respect though mate points predictions are pointless, I didn't see us having 1 point after these 4 fixtures for example. And everyone had us down last year with points predictions and we outperformed them. As there is every year there'll be plenty of unexpected results.

Brighton and us are a million miles away in terms of management control and football ability
Where have we gone so wrong?

Things change quickly in football. The things people say about Brighton now are similar to the things people said about Leicester in times gone by. Remember when Wolves were the underdog pushing top 6 a few years back too?

It doesn't take long to change your fortunes. We need new owners to stand a chance of it though.

Things change quickly in football. The things people say about Brighton now are similar to the things people said about Leicester in times gone by. Remember when Wolves were the underdog pushing top 6 a few years back too?

It doesn't take long to change your fortunes. We need new owners to stand a chance of it though.
True
But the danger for me is that we get further apart before we get better
We desperately need to stay up this season(again) and hopefully the Board will dind a better way to run the club and we can entice a manager who wants to play good football

Where are the other 12 coming from?

At least 4 needs to come from Bournemouth-Luton home games, Dyche will be very close to the sack if it's any less than that.

Beyond that it does look sobering reading....up to December it's also Arsenal, Brentford, RS, West Ham, Brighton, Palace and Man. United.

Wouldn't rule out a shock win v Brighton due to the 5-1 and they could be coming off a tough europa game but let's be honest in pretty much all the other games draws would be celebrated as pretty good results. The problem is when you don't beat the likes of Wolves and Sheffield you have to then make up the dropped points with a shock win somewhere home or away.