Relegation 23/24 Thread

We haven't even scored a goal yet.

We should have a squad capable of dealing with a few injuries with the money that was spent.

I'm judging that we're bottom of the league after 3 games (yes, even below Luton), haven't been able to score a goal and haven't even played any actual hard games yet.

We're in deep trouble, there's no question about it.
The squad is not ready...thats the reality and has been like that since last year...we are giving away essentially the first few games of the season.

The squad is not ready...thats the reality and has been like that since last year...we are giving away essentially the first few games of the season.

The squad will continue to be not ready because we've invested poorly.

We can't afford to 'give away' the first few games of the season because we've survived by the skin of our teeth for the past 2 and have a weaker squad. These games are important because you don't want to go into games against City, Arsenal etc needing to pick up points.

You don't go into a season intentionally unprepared. Injuries are a reality that every team faces, most teams can compensate, we can't.

We will get also those games when we grab a lucky winner...thats the nature of the premier league.
It's the same problem as last season though. We need to keep a clean sheet to win a game. We will get a few 1-0s but enough? I wish I had the same confidence you do.

When we win (!) games that we are not expected to win and fluke a win, then I will start to relax. But Everton don't win full stop we lose.

It's a big thing you know, winning a game, as opposed to losing a game. We're in big trouble. This team doesn't know how to 'win a game'.