Relegation 23/24 Thread

Honestly….how long does Dyche get, 5 games….10 games….if we lose to Wolves and there is no fight shown….is 3 games too early…honest question..
Such a difficult question.

I'm not a Dyche fan but against the odds he kept us up last season

This season he has been sold short on recruitment.

However the team has regressed from last season and he inexplicably keeps selecting Keane

Against that we can't keep changing managers.

I honestly don't know.

If I thought we had the recruitment team I'd take a long term view and bring Potter in , but we don't.

Your probably right but let’s say we get spanked by Wolves, would that change your opinion?
Wouldn't change my opinion tbh

I don't think Dyche is the right man longer term, but he kept us up so he deserves plenty of time. I don't want to see any more managerial changes while BK and FM remain in charge. It makes me pretty angry seeing managers lose their job constantly when the leadership off the field, and the diabolical recruitment, are the main issues.

As bad as we were today... Luton and Sheffield utd have worse tools available than us. So it's definitely not guaranteed that we will go down. Not sure what dyche can say about that performance today though

Sheffield United are as good as down already based on their transfer window.

Would hold fire on Luton until they play a few home games. They have incredible spirit, a direct style of play and a few teams won't fancy playing at Kenilworth Road. Last season Forest stayed up with only one away win and a couple of draws so the template is there for them once they get the stand fixed.

Wouldn't change my opinion tbh

I don't think Dyche is the right man longer term, but he kept us up so he deserves plenty of time. I don't want to see any more managerial changes while BK and FM remain in charge. It makes me pretty angry seeing managers lose their job constantly when the leadership off the field, and the diabolical recruitment, are the main issues.
The recruitment has been diabolical and that’s not really on Dyche but team selection, tactics and general motivation are….if we where to get spanked by Wolves then he’s gonna be in for a rough ride….Wolves is now a must not lose game in my eyes!

Spot on. The next 11 days will dictate whether we have a chance of staying up. Unless we bring in significant signings ( CF , CH , RW and CM ) we will be amongst the favourites for relegation.
If this squad remains pretty much the same I really don't see us staying up.
Not getting players in early and squandering the chance to bed in players for a relatively easy start is going to hurt us big style.
You also have to have question marks against a manager who refuses to select Branthwaite ahead of the hapless Keane and who deflects criticism by continually saying players aren't "PL fit".

People keep going on about endless wide players, where does Danjuma go when Adams or someone else is signed as CF? Right wing surely.

Hopefully McNeill and Harrison will be fit after the international break.

Has Gray move to Fulham collapsed as I expected that to go through once Harrison was in, so perhaps he may still be an option to integrate back into the squad although probably not as fee coming in for him probably gives more flexibility in the market.

Of course the squad is laughable currently but eventually they'll all be fit at the same time so can't just sign another 3-4 attackers unless you actually sell some and that isn't easy currently.

I imagine they'll be serious consideration to letting Iwobi go in next two weeks as he remains an awkward fit in a Dyche team compared to McNeill.