Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see how you can watch that match and think Luton are anything. Yes, they get shots because they are positionally poor, but the holes in the back are shocking. United missed 4-5 1-on-1s with the keeper to keep that close. If you'll notice, United has somehow managed to be 6th with only 35 goals scored, because they cant finish.

Luton are scoring plenty recently. They were a bit unlucky yesterday that they lost Adebayo in the warm up as Woodrow not started at all in the league and was out of his depth and done by the hour mark.

I'm a bit bemused why this forum seems to think Luton are the only team worth catching. In last two months they've beaten Brighton 4-0 and got 4 points off Newcastle so they are clearly something at this level now compared to August and September.

To me the formula is simple, beat Palace tonight and I'd fancy finishing above them. Also stay close to Forest as they will surely be deducted points given they were refusing to sell Brennan Johnson when they were supposed to.

Luton are scoring plenty recently. They were a bit unlucky yesterday that they lost Adebayo in the warm up as Woodrow not started at all in the league and was out of his depth and done by the hour mark.

I'm a bit bemused why this forum seems to think Luton are the only team worth catching. In last two months they've beaten Brighton 4-0 and got 4 points off Newcastle so they are clearly something at this level now compared to August and September.

To me the formula is simple, beat Palace tonight and I'd fancy finishing above them. Also stay close to Forest as they will surely be deducted points given they were refusing to sell Brennan Johnson when they were supposed to.

Conceding plenty as well.

I said they were attacking....thats because they play a poor system that loads up in the attack and leaves them wide open in defence. It doesnt help to score 3 if you give up 4. They are playing a very risky game of expecting their strikers to outfinish the other team(and they arent talented enough). Sometimes they got lucky, but they are by no means good. Its poor tactics and its why they have given up 2 goals a game. 9 Goals allowed in the last 3 matches for them.

Their next 3 matches are against Liverpool, City, and Villa, no doubt they will score a few but those teams are much better finishers than United or Sheffield.

One place at a time luton first then onto the next team above us.

Long way to go on the pitch and in appeals and hearings, but if the worst happens, it won’t be a good laugh battering teams every week like Leicester. It won’t be like that at all. The already poor squad has been trimmed and trimmed and it’s gone too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.