RELEGATINGS 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking that myself. Neves will be off as well by the looks of it.
Even the manager is sick of them...and they have no cash to spend.

Any team that cant score more than 31 goals with a full compliment of forwards are in big trouble usually. Not this season but certainly next.

We scored 34 without forwards for the most part, and at least we have the prospect of sorting that out this summer.

I'm pretty sure we can finish the season higher up the table than at least three of the other teams. Luton, Wolves, and Forest, to go down
thumbsup.gif

Brentford are a bet at 10/1. Toney gone and if they lose their keeper they are in all sorts of trouble

Don’t know if he will but probably not. Just last month he limped off against Leicester when we were behind and we won 2-1, then won at Leeds 5-1 and Southampton 2-0 without him. He was injured again v Bournemouth (won 2-0) and is still crocked.
He has been exceptional for us for years but he isn’t quite the talisman that he was anymore. His best qualities now are occupying defenders leaving the space to be exploited by Eze & Olise.
3 of those 4 teams you've mentioned have been relegated, although I see your point regarding Eze & Olise.

Alot depends on who ye get as manager too I guess.

Don’t know if he will but probably not. Just last month he limped off against Leicester when we were behind and we won 2-1, then won at Leeds 5-1 and Southampton 2-0 without him. He was injured again v Bournemouth (won 2-0) and is still crocked.
He has been exceptional for us for years but he isn’t quite the talisman that he was anymore. His best qualities now are occupying defenders leaving the space to be exploited by Eze & Olise.
Think you have enough with or without him to comfortably stay up as long as you get the right manager.
Anybody getting linked?

3 of those 4 teams you've mentioned have been relegated, although I see your point regarding Eze & Olise.

Alot depends on who ye get as manager too I guess.
Yes, we helped relegate them by beating them without Zaha, and for completeness, last season we won at Man City without him. The club are desperate to keep him and have offered a bumper 4 year deal. Any incoming manager is unlikely to have a say in whether he stays or goes. He’s out of contract on June 30 and if he wants to go elsewhere, he will.
If he goes to another EPL club I doubt whether (a) he will play as much or (b) earn as much but, sadly, he would be much more likely to win something, which no Palace fan would begrudge him.

Yeah Eze and Olise are quality. Brilliant players.

Status
Not open for further replies.