Referees and Everton 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain to me, any logic at all as to why two players, who have gone for a header, accidentally clash (happened twice in a short time yesterday)... Both got treatment, both deemed fine and no issue of concussion or anything.

Can anyone explaint to me why they need to go off? I get it if its just one player, but surely when both have treatment, there is no benefit or reasoning to have both go off the side for 5 seconds and then run on? Just common sense should previal and let them both stay on?

I won’t be convinced by anyone there wasn’t an agenda to get us relegated last season. Some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen game after game. When Allan got sent off against Newcastle after another stone wall pen had been turned down I thought we were going down. The pens not given against Spurs and Liverpool. The red card not given to Ayew for Palace. The Richarlison shirt pull against Brentford before Branthwaite got sent off. There’s loads more I can’t even remember but it was getting to the point where unless a decision was absolutely stonewall then it was often just given against us.
man city pen

Because they were two pens.

You’ve literally picked the one game in the run in where we got some correct refereeing decisions going our way as evidence. Two correct calls in one game doesn’t outweigh the avalanche of corrupt calls against us all season.
I've literally picked the game against the main opposition who could/would have stayed up instead of us- a so-called "six pointer. Burnley were 4 points behind us going into that game, and the officials nearly contributed to us being 7 points ahead of them- but we couldn't even manage that- and bottled it. One call was VAR too. Not giving these would hardly have been the worst decisions going against us- or anyone- last season.

So any claim the league was desperate for us to go down, instead of Burnley (or Watford, Norwich)- despite us being given way more penalties than any of them throughout the season (more than double in fact) is a bit far-fetched to say the least.

Christ I’d forgotten about that. That was the worst of the lot. Ref took a look at a slow motion video of the most blatant handball you’d ever see and was like ‘nah it’s Everton, funny innit’ and just waved it away. Unbelievable.
Probably more a case of "its City innit" (like Brighton found out Saturday).

We have had some terrible decisions from refs all season and that carried on today. They definitely shouldn’t have had all 11 on the pitch at the end but…. the two dropped balls today were correct.

For the first one the ball was in the area so is dropped to the goalkeeper regardless of who has possession, the second one is outside the area so dropped to the team in possession or who touched it last when play was stopped. The ball is dropped where that final touch happened. (Law 8.2)
Only thing is I thought Gordon had it when outside the box for the first one

just watched ref watch on sky to see if all these talking points about saturdays game would be explained but surprise surprise our game not even mentioned

(kind of a) follow on question from this.

Why can't you contest drop balls any more? no way we should have just allowed them to retain the ball on the first one
The rule says the ball is dropped at one players feet and all other players must be at least 4 meters away Until it touches the ground.

so for the first one the goalkeeper picks it up and nothing the attackers can do

Status
Not open for further replies.