Reasons for optimism...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons for Optimism:
Season 6!
Summary so far:
A very dark drama filled with negativity and scenes not safe for children. The main character ‘gaffer’ changes every season and despite his consistent ineptitude, grips the audience who cling to any sliver of positivity as a signal that there’s better days ahead……but deep down they know that Billy and Mosh will do anything to keep it DARK and deny new kid in town Frankie the glory he so craves!

The majority of the fanbase predicted this would be a season to endure, another - and as much as I dislike the phrase - transitional season.

Years of piss poor management by a failing board has left us with a unbalanced, and to be blunt - an unlikeable Everton team. A team that looked to down tools on even Carlo Ancelotti with form falling off a cliff the second half of last season.

Ancelotti bailing and Moshiri/board going for Benitez always dictated this to be a season of angst. The perfect man for a team of cowards to hide behind.

As bad as this season has been, I there are some valid reasons for optimism.

This season we've let go of wasters or big earners like Bolasie, Walcott, Bernard, Kean, Digne, Rodriguez,

This summer we lose more wasters or big earners with Tosun, Sigurdsson, Kenny, Delph out of contract.

You don't need to be a football finance bore to realise just how important losing that deadweight is, as FFP resets for us.

10th, or 17th. Sure, there's prize money, pride and not to mention blood pressure, but in reality - both mean little in terms of setting us up for next season.

This years relegation scrap has forced attention towards our disaster of a boardroom and although some changes have been token, and others just human shields (Sharpy...) I think more pressure will rightly be put on them once we're safe... a failing setup leading this so-called strategic review won't wash.

There's still a lot of talent in this team for us to build around, or sell as part of a rebuild... Pickford, Godfrey, Patterson, Gordon, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin.

Bramley-Moore Dock is a massive positive.

Lampard will be under no illusion going into the summer on who need the bums rush.

Moshiri, I think, will back the club with money again this summer.

UTFT
At last, some positivity

The majority of the fanbase predicted this would be a season to endure, another - and as much as I dislike the phrase - transitional season.

Years of piss poor management by a failing board has left us with a unbalanced, and to be blunt - an unlikeable Everton team. A team that looked to down tools on even Carlo Ancelotti with form falling off a cliff the second half of last season.

Ancelotti bailing and Moshiri/board going for Benitez always dictated this to be a season of angst. The perfect man for a team of cowards to hide behind.

As bad as this season has been, I there are some valid reasons for optimism.

This season we've let go of wasters or big earners like Bolasie, Walcott, Bernard, Kean, Digne, Rodriguez,

This summer we lose more wasters or big earners with Tosun, Sigurdsson, Kenny, Delph out of contract.

You don't need to be a football finance bore to realise just how important losing that deadweight is, as FFP resets for us.

10th, or 17th. Sure, there's prize money, pride and not to mention blood pressure, but in reality - both mean little in terms of setting us up for next season.

This years relegation scrap has forced attention towards our disaster of a boardroom and although some changes have been token, and others just human shields (Sharpy...) I think more pressure will rightly be put on them once we're safe... a failing setup leading this so-called strategic review won't wash.

There's still a lot of talent in this team for us to build around, or sell as part of a rebuild... Pickford, Godfrey, Patterson, Gordon, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin.

Bramley-Moore Dock is a massive positive.

Lampard will be under no illusion going into the summer on who need the bums rush.

Moshiri, I think, will back the club with money again this summer.

UTFT
What makes you think Moshiri will back the club with money this summer?

He didn’t or rather couldn’t last summer. By all accounts our financial situation is dire and we are walking a tightrope with FFP.

Both Richarlison and DCL are likely to leave this summer, whatever happens.

If we get relegated, Pickford will have to leave to retain his England place.

We don’t know if Patterson is any good and Godfrey we now know is not all that.

The only positive this season is Gordon. All the rest can go as far as I’m concerned.

I am hopeful that when Comrade Vlad nukes us in early May, our imminent relegation will not thus materialise.

And as we burn in the eternal fires* , we will remember the sweet words of Blue Bill and the "Good Times"

and it will all seem to have been somehow, inexplicably, gloriously, worthwhile.

The good and the bad.

*How Satan is going pay for these eternal fires with oil at $150 to $250 a barrel is beyond me.

What makes you think Moshiri will back the club with money this summer?

He's said so and he's backed the club in every window we've been able to spend.

He didn’t or rather couldn’t last summer.

Couldn't.

By all accounts our financial situation is dire and we are walking a tightrope with FFP.

I gave a list of players who left this season or will leave this summer, and;

Both Richarlison and DCL are likely to leave this summer, whatever happens.

Agree, and that'll go in the pot 'for us to build around, or sell as part of a rebuild'

If we get relegated, Pickford will have to leave to retain his England place.

Pickford leaving is the least of our worries if we're relegated.

We don’t know if Patterson is any good and Godfrey we now know is not all that. The only positive this season is Gordon. All the rest can go as far as I’m concerned.

We'll see, but for me Patterson looks a prospect and we've done Godfrey no favours.

Most seasons we're asking whether a top 7 finish is possible by this stage. Yawn yawn yawn.
Not this year- the club have treated us to a nail-biting finale with the possibility of a last-ditch escape from relegation to keep us on the edge of our seats.
No bemoaning the fact that we let champions league slip from our grasp with some average performances from November to March- instead we celebrate sub-par performances ending in a jammy 1-0 win like we're the invincibles (see Newcastle).
What a time to be a blue.

He's said so and he's backed the club in every window we've been able to spend.

Couldn't.

I gave a list of players who left this season or will leave this summer, and;

Agree, and that'll go in the pot 'for us to build around, or sell as part of a rebuild'

Pickford leaving is the least of our worries if we're relegated.

We'll see, but for me Patterson looks a prospect and we've done Godfrey no favours.
The deadweight we are losing is still not enough. Welcome maybe, but there are another six or seven players in that category.

Gomes, Holgate, Keane, Mina, Iwobi, Rondon etc.

This simmers deadweight departures will only reduce the rate of the losses. They won’t cure it. They also won’t free up headroom for salary because we are overcommitted there already. A significant sale without much reinvestment is only way we will to start to recover things.

We are at over 300m in losses over three years. We are allowed £105m. We can offset some against COVID and stadium, but it will be a struggle to get the figure to £195m.

Status
Not open for further replies.