Really weird Everton match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at that game too, in the St End, remember the Enclosure started cheering which whole ground assumed Chelsea had scored. We were 4 or 5 up at HT and flattest ever when HT scores read out. Weirdly, was talking about this game with a customer 2-3 years ago, an Irish lad who's a red. He said he was at GP for first time that game and had a radio, listening to Radio City Chelsea/RS commentary. Dogleish scored, he jumped up, and that's how it started....

Well, there is a 30 year old mystery solved lol

Weirdest one for me ( out of around a 1000!) was an Oldham cup replay at Goodison 90? The crowd were mental that night - the ref was awful went round booking virtually every Everton player in the second half, causing the most toxic angry crowd I have ever witnessed. Thought he was going to get lynched! Also remember the Sheff Wed cup games, three 1-1 draws then the 3rd replay at Hillsbrough and we were 5-0 up at half time. Loads of blues only got in at half time due to traffic chaos on th Pennines. A mad first half.
Yep,Tony Ward the ref that night v Oldham,totally lost the plot,thought he was getting lynchedlol

The 0-3 loss to Wigan in the QF.

We were all over them and then conceded a snidey goal and I remember getting up straight away to the toilets because I was annoyed, was thinking;

"FFS, we'll still win but why do we always have to make easy things hard?"

I heard someone say in the toilets it was 2 and I was like "WHAT?!". When I got back up the stairs it was 3. I don't even remember being angry after that game. I was just in complete shock, it was like being in a dream but realising it, I kept expecting to wake up any minute. I just couldn't accept that the day's events were real. Weirdest feeling I've ever had after game, especially when we've lost.

The anger came in the days after and it was directly aimed at Neville. Had that pube ever worn a blue shirt again I'd have ran on the pitch and assaulted him. Rubbish player, joke of a captain, excuse for a pundit.

Anyone remember a game circa 1980 at home to Ipswich?

We were trailing 3-0, I think, to the very good Ipswich side which was pipped by Villa for the Title a year later.

Paul Mariner then scored a great goal and every Everton fan in the ground rose to applaud him :)

A few weeks later Ipswich came back to town in the Cup quarter final and we turned the tables ;)

We were trailing 3-0, I think, to the very good Ipswich side which was pipped by Villa for the Title a year later.

Paul Mariner then scored a great goal and every Everton fan in the ground rose to applaud him :)

A few weeks later Ipswich came back to town in the Cup quarter final and we turned the tables ;)
Big bob nutted in a brilliant header. Ipswich had a great side then.should have won the league

I'll start, though I'm not sure this qualifies -- but I think it's best to encourage a loose interpretation of "weird" or this thread will go nowhere.

I enjoyed seeing all our biggest players squeezed into that tiny dugout at the Carlisle game last year. Why is that thing so small?

[/QUOTE Everton v Grimsby Town 1984 , we absolutely hammered them , and got beat 1-0 . I went home soaked to the skin and devastated. :Blink:

March 1980. Then we lost the semi to West Ham after a replay grrrr. Thought our name was on the cup that year.

Everton 3 Arsenal 1, first home game of the 91/92 season and we absolutely murdered the reigning champions. It should have been six or seven at least. I watched it perched sideways on a seat in the street end that must have been designed for someone with detachable legs.

Weirdest one for me ( out of around a 1000!) was an Oldham cup replay at Goodison 90? The crowd were mental that night - the ref was awful went round booking virtually every Everton player in the second half, causing the most toxic angry crowd I have ever witnessed. Thought he was going to get lynched! Also remember the Sheff Wed cup games, three 1-1 draws then the 3rd replay at Hillsbrough and we were 5-0 up at half time. Loads of blues only got in at half time due to traffic chaos on th Pennines. A mad first half.

Remember Sharpeys volley in the 2nd replay at GP? Don't think have ever seen a ball move so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.