Match Thread Reading vs. Everton - Tuesday 22nd Sept - Capital One Cup Third Round - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about...
Robles
Browning, Jags, Stones, Galloway
MCarthy Barry
Deulofeu, Osman, Naismith
Lukaku

Subs on early in 2nd half after the game is won:

Lennon for Gerri
Barkley for Osman
Gibson for Barry

Big LOL if Barry starts as well.

Him and Jags should be rested. Gibson is surely nailed on? Mori should get a start too. I'd have Barkley playing. Lukaku will surely start but I wouldn't mind seeing Rodriguez.

Him and Jags should be rested. Gibson is surely nailed on? Mori should get a start too. I'd have Barkley playing. Lukaku will surely start but I wouldn't mind seeing Rodriguez.
maybe we should take a look at Mori and Rodriguez but only if we are winning and not from the KO. As someone stated earlier this is the cup final for Reading. They will come out with all guns blazing for 30 mins.

maybe we should take a look at Mori and Rodriguez but only if we are winning and not from the KO. As someone stated earlier this is the cup final for Reading. They will come out with all guns blazing for 30 mins.

Yeah very true. I tend to agree with Rodriguez, Lukaku should start and Leandro should get a cameo in the 2nd half.

With Mori though I think we'll be fine with him and Stones in this one. Would be our first chance to see him properly too.

Lots of posts about the subs we'll use when we are winning,Reading won 3 out of their last 4.Lot of posters seem to think they'll just roll over.

Everybody saying our next game is in 6 days so play a strong team.

If we play Lukaku and he smashes his knee, we might as well just forget about the rest of our games.

Its not about fitness, its about keeping our better players away from injury.

.....I remember Carsley playing the Barry role and never being rested, never missing a game. A key aspect of that position is being disciplined to sit deep and not cover too many yards.

Joel
Browning Mori Stones Galloway
McCarthy
Geri Barkley Kone
Lukaku

Maybe play Besic if he is fit for today's game.

I'd play

Howard
Browning, Jags, Mori, Galloway
McCarthy Barkley
Deulofeu, Naismith, Kone
Lukaku

Subs on early in 2nd half:

Lennon for Deulofeu
Leandro for Lukaku
Gibson/ Osman for Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.