Rate the transfer window

how good was that?

• close to perfect...a 10 out of 10

• very good, better than most other clubs...an 8 or 9

• decent, happy enough...6 or 7

• average, some good, some disappointing...a 4 or 5

• poor, unbalanced...we're deffo worse now...a 2 or 3

• unspeakably bad...(shirley no one will vote here?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill hold fire see if these lids are any good.

Harsh lessons learned last year.

I would tend to agree but I can see how the new additions would fit into an actual team structure. You can at least foresee a way this team can set up.

Last season we just purchased individuals, some which we knew would not be suitable to this league. It was a shambles.

It would be rare for such a turnaround in personnel and management to gel immediately so we have to be patient until Silva finds right blend and players find their feet in a tough league. But in terms of trying to address virtually every issue in the squad it is a really good effort imo. At least there is evidence of a coherent plan rather than last summer's scattergun who can we get approach.

What reassures me is that Silva appears to be a good tactician. He went in at Hull who were all over the place and got them playing together and was doing well at Watford until it all went a bit pear shaped after our approach. Hopefully he’ll get them playing the way he wants quickly.

We've shipped huge chunks of dead wood and replaced half the underachieving first XI. It's a 10 for me.

Getting the players in is one thing... Now they are tasked with the work of mixing it with the teams that we are aiming to catch. A lot of work ahead for this squad, but Mosh/Brands/Silva look like they mean business.

Not possible to say yet. The obvious weaknesses in the first team are filled by players of potential, assuming Zouma signs, but each one of them has had a time in his career when it wasn't so good. That's ok; it's what I would expect but it makes it impossible to make a judgement until later in the season.

So I've just fished out last summer's Rate The Window poll, and we weren't as universally-pleased as some remember.

Here, for summer 2018, we have a whopping 87% scoring it 8 or more out of 10. Summer 2017 only 13% scored it that high. Replacing Rom with Rooney didn't fool most of us (my own vote back then was a 5/10, it's a 9/10 now):

tw.jpg

The best in a long long time. A top Brazilian playmaker signed on a free, 3 from the Barcelona subs bench, another Brazilian forward who has already shown what he can do in the Premier League, and hopefully another top quality CB yet to be confirmed. There is absolutely no doubt that these players would not have signed for us if it was not for their belief in Silva's coaching ability and Brands being in overall control of things.

We have lost ground over the last few seasons, so this was needed just to stay in touch with the self-appointed Top 6 and hopefully turn it into a Top 7 because none of them are going away anytime soon.

This is only the first step. It's onwards and upwards for EFC.

Gave it a 7, since we should have had them all in place at least a week before now. I'll increase to 8 once a few more rats have left - Bolasie, Schneids, Vlasic, Davies loan. Any foreign clubs want them?

Status
Not open for further replies.