2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo-Funia-1641690433.jpg
He's gone from...when were weren't totally gash in August/Sept... The Squire of Caldy, to the village idiot, so that sums him up in a more catchy alliterative way
The Caldy Clown.

Some say the signs point to Moshiri going 'all in' on him and banking on the bottom 4 being there for a reason.

But this poor defending, 2 in Mid Field and persiting with a CF who makes one of those Easter Island statues look like St Vitus (at least he can't throw Iwobi in the mix too)

Yes we got a result, but that's about all you can say for it...or him.

Both Benitez and Moshiri in Monaco...staying there is probably his only sensible decision in 6 yrs... seem happy with He, Benitez, being a very well paid heat shield.

Q) But for how long?
A) For as long as Watford etc don't look like catching us, seems as good a guess as any.

It's that 1.7m spending during last transfer window that saved him from sacking tonight. Gray, Begovic, Townsend... But Rondon being abysmal as always, Mykolenko too early to tell

If he can't find a Hyypia / Lascelles type of CB (good in the air, anchor of the defense) this month, and just putting all his bets on a healthy Mina in the 2nd half. Then he will be long gone by Feb.

Ironically, he's not famous for playing beautiful and sexy football, but defense is always the hardcore of his system. He favoured 4231 the most. The time that 5 to 10 consecutive clean sheets achieved under his regime has proven to be a distant memory in Jurassic ages...

If he pair up any 2 of Holgate, Keane or Godfrey in CBs again, that might as well be the last game of him.

Last 3 games he tried to play 5-2-2-1 or 5-4-1 like Chelsea
But Grey and Gordon still played like a winger not attacking midfielder
They need to play close to each other like first goal
The question is his favorite son Townsend is back
Would he dare to drop Gordon or change formation again? lol

I suppose 5 at the back would be great if there were 2 really good attacking fullbacks or wing halves in our squad plus three central defenders who can head the ball and distribute the ball.

What is Rafael seeing that no one else can see?

Few people watch them I suppose but is there are few things in sport more annoying than Rafael's interviews. They sound like English but they are full of platitudes and there is no attempt at truth.

It's taken Benitez to be appointed to make me see how small and petty a large percentage of, if not the wider fanbase, at least the fanbase on here is as they reject someone who could be positive for the club because they are too small minded to see past who previously employed them.

I honestly think it's pathetic.
A worse Everton manager than Mike Walker. Now that's what i call pathetic.:)

Looking back, Benitez should never have been appointed, as he was always going to be on the chopping block as soon as he lost a few games.

However, we have him now. And if we carry on sacking managers, we’re only vindicating the players and giving them an excuse to underperform: “it’s because of the manager, not me” and that rotten mentality carries on in the next group of players, and so on.

In hindsight, I wish we’d have appointed a long term project manager (Potter, Howe, or someone of that ilk). Then give them time regardless of results.

The problem with Benitez is that the players don’t seem to have an identifiable way of playing or even signs of developing that. We’re relying on individuals and long range screamers. Unsustainable.

All we can do is hope that, once he gets the players in that he wants, he implements a proper system & consistent playing style. Sacking manager after manager is not the answer; but my word, I’m finding it extremely hard to accept him at the moment.

Cannot coach any improvement in defending, especially set pieces, means any game plan we do have goes out the window early on.

….wow, that really is a damning stat. Conceded first in 15 of 21 games, I thought it was bad but not that bad.

That has to reflect on how the team are set up to start games, surrendering the ball to the opposition, set up to consolidate at the back but failing miserably, inept organisation from set pieces, no tempo.

if you’re a coach that continues to do the same thing with the same poor outcome you are either clueless, stubborn or both.

His starting line ups are bordering on self sabotage at this point, or he’s just trying to wind the fans up. Who the hell plays 5 at the back as an actual flat back 5 where the full backs aren’t allowed to cross the half way line? Why has Branthwaite been binned off in favour of shoehorning Coleman into a position that he can’t play in? Why is Rondon waddling around watching the game from a centre forward position? I just want him out as soon as possible because I can’t watch this style of football anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.