2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benitez has now signed 7 players, the exact same number that Ancelotti signed. He has also now spent over £30m. He also has an almost fully fit squad. No more excuses.

Two of them have been here about 5 minutes. Do I think results will improve in the second half of the season? Yes.

Takes a while to turn around sinking ships that have been going in the wrong direction for 7 years.

Rubbish manager but 2 great signings to go with Gray.

Hopefully he brings some more players with similar profiles ASAP.
He didn't scout them though, you do know that?

That's not to not give him credit but Mykolenko seemingly was always the long-term replacement the club had in mind for Digne (and it's been expedited by the fall out) and Patterson was moved for twice in the summer (albeit with Benitez's blessing of course).

Clearly Benitez likes them too. The good thing is they are young and can develop into a few different ways of playing. Unfortunately the first style of play will be Benitez's...

Listened to the Royal Blue Podcast. The penny still hasn’t dropped with them. Still think Benitez will turn it around.

And all the usual, ‘needs time, needs his own players etc’. Well look at Wolves. A team we beat twice last season and comfortably finished above. New manager comes in, doesn’t spend a fortune but they can go to Old Trafford and dominate a game in a way that Everton haven’t done there in my lifetime.

Listened to the Royal Blue Podcast. The penny still hasn’t dropped with them. Still think Benitez will turn it around.

And all the usual, ‘needs time, needs his own players etc’. Well look at Wolves. A team we beat twice last season and comfortably finished above. New manager comes in, doesn’t spend a fortune but they can go to Old Trafford and dominate a game in a way that Everton haven’t done there in my lifetime.
You're comparing the team he took over with the basket cases Benitez inherited here?!

Pffffft!

Two of them have been here about 5 minutes. Do I think results will improve in the second half of the season? Yes.

Takes a while to turn around sinking ships that have been going in the wrong direction for 7 years.
We were second last Christmas.

The second half of the season fell off a cliff in part due to injuries, Ancelotti going to tight margins football and then not having the experience of working with poorer players to get those poorer players out of the rut.

Why are you so sure the second half of the season will be better? We've got two full-backs who are inexperienced. We've still got serious injury issues. Are we expecting the entire squad to stay injury free again when that hasn't happened all season? And even when they are injury free, we don't have a system that isn't easy to stop.

Is that Tony Scott's?

On Wolves, they played counter-attacking how it should be done. Press aggressively once the team reaches your half, win the ball in midfield and break from there. Not sit on the edge of your own box, don't pressure the ball at all and just let teams walk through you.

Is that Tony Scott's?

On Wolves, they played counter-attacking how it should be done. Press aggressively once the team reaches your half, win the ball in midfield and break from there. Not sit on the edge of your own box, don't pressure the ball at all and just let teams walk through you.

It’s the Echo lot - Prentice, Adam Jones, Kirkbride (sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.